• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Prizm Golf Lenses Peeling/Flaking?

Nice!
But neither myself nor my oakleys have dandruff

yes-ahora.gif

My understanding is that Lens crafters uses warm water and Dawn dish soap for the cleaning of their lenses….at least in the one store a friend worked at for years.

Any examples of Dawn specifically damaging lenses?
What materials are typically used in lenses made for prescriptions and what not? I'd imagine it's typically glass with decent coating if used.

But probably excessive to resort to liquid cleaning options... even though some Oakley stores themselves are literally spraying alcohol on shelf models before selling them to you (or if they offer to clean your pair when you stop by). And imo clear, scent-less dawn is likely less harsh than that, though I imagine any kind of rubbing in would also be culprit.

Edit: could also just say Lux is making them cheaper/weaker on newer models where the coating doesn't take much to get at them, especially if they've started before they've even left the factory.

My understanding is that Lens crafters uses warm water and Dawn dish soap for the cleaning of their lenses….at least in the one store a friend worked at for years.

Any examples of Dawn specifically damaging lenses?

No because I don’t use it lol. But it’s designed to be aggressive. I’m just stating specific that I wouldn’t use it. Some Oakley Lens delaminate just by looking at them wrong. Or running them under water in general. I’ve had both happen. I would be worried the aggressiveness of the soap over time would strip any coatings that are on the lens

No because I don’t use it lol. But it’s designed to be aggressive. I’m just stating specific that I wouldn’t use it. Some Oakley Lens delaminate just by looking at them wrong. Or running them under water in general. I’ve had both happen. I would be worried the aggressiveness of the soap over time would strip any coatings that are on the lens
Good points there - do you foresee any issues cleaning the frames with Dawn?

I’ve done this for each new addition, strip the frames down, and Dawn + Cold water fully clean them up. Never noticed anything bad there, even on the various Plasma finishes…

Yeah, I’ve even had one delam on me, and there were un touched in the display…

Have the same delaminate in golf prizm and fire Lens and prizm road and polarized Lens it’s so far to thermonuclear protection….

Latest Posts

Back