• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Prizm Lens Technology - I Wish You Guys Could Have Seen What I Saw Today!

@Sunglass Shack Thanks for all the information you gave. Do you know what sports specific lenses will be available apart from the one designed for Golf? My second question is: is it possible to combine Prizm and Photochromic technology in one lens?

@Sunglass Shack, thanks for the info.

A couple questions if you know:
1) Will the Fast Jackets get a Prizm Lens?
2) Were the Flak Jacket lenses they gave you the same as the TR22s on the SI site?

Thanks!

Fast Jacket will not get a Prizm lens frame right away however I don't see long before you can at least buy the replacement lenses in Prizm or before releasing a Fast Jacket Prizm, but not for 2015 R1 release.

As for question number two I honestly have no idea unless the ones on the site are Golf specific. Our lenses were designed solely for the colors seen on a golf course, the lens in the cycling is different just as the lens in the mountain biking and baseball are different.

As stated, they are so fine tuned there are actually different lenses for infield and outfield baseball usage, now dats Cray .... as the kids would say nowadays.

I met up with Sunglass Shack today. Way cool guy, and awesome shop. I had a great time chatting with him, and even though his place is 40 miles away I'll definitely be dealing with him on the new releases. I completely recommend it!!!! $$$

Thanks buddy! So nice meeting you today, Happy Burrfday! :drinks:

I also talked to a good buddy of mine in NY that went to the Oakley VIP Days and he said he doesn't remember them saying anything about Prizm being offered in any kind of ophthalmic just yet, maybe sometime soon though.

And just in case some don't think R1 (release #1 for 2015) is anything cutting edge (which it is pretty freaking sweet) I hear that since it is their Anniversary Year expect awesome releases all throughout the year .... and I heard through a rumor out there something .... "big" Only time will tell

But nothing with X-Metal ever again. I am pretty sure I could bet money since they sold their plant in (Nevada I think?) that it is gone. I hear their focus in the future may be more with carbon fiber and the mixing of various materials in one frame. 2013 was kinda blah for new styles, 2014 was better with the carbon blade but still not what Oakley originally was known for, 2015 should be awesome!

Last edited:
Back