• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Prizm Lens Technology - I Wish You Guys Could Have Seen What I Saw Today!

But nothing with X-Metal ever again. I am pretty sure I could bet money since they sold their plant in (Nevada I think?) that it is gone. I hear their focus in the future may be more with carbon fiber and the mixing of various materials in one frame.

Thank you. A rational voice.

He is right... the will be no more X metal... it's over, and what comes next will not be anything like x metal. Honestly, the speculation and rumors are done for me. Oakley/lux is moving in a new direction. The x metals are done....

I had the opportunity to try on an up and coming 2015 release today that has the new prizm polarized lenses in (can't tell anyone what the frame is as I was sworn to secrecy).
What I can tell you is that whatever has gone into the making of the prizm certainly has sharpened up colours and images being looked at in a way that the current lenses can't do. I'm sold on prizm.

I also had the chance to look at the other frames that are coming out next year and can see my wallet is going to take a hard hit. The designers have drawn inspiration from the pairs from years gone by and added a bit of a twist. Looks like 2015 is gonna be a good year for Oakley again.

It reminds me of a g30 lense. I'll be sold once I ride with it. Until then all I can say is it doesnt make as a dramatic effect as I thought.

I get that Prizm sets up specific color contrast, but how (if anyone's even allowed to say)? At first I thought it was just the TR lenses, but checking out the Flight Deck, it's applied to different lenses. From what I get, it's actually affecting the base itself. Like, what does Jade Iridium Prizm lens do differently than a regular Jade Iridium? It's a relatively neutral lens, so I'm guessing lighter colors in general are gonna stand out a lot more?

Looking forward to the technology spreading to different models. One of the big standouts when I first tried Oakley was the color definition, sounds like this might be that experience all over again.

Just read this.... Is jade iridium with a g30 (rose) base. That's what it feels like. Nothing new, I've seen similar contrast in smith goggles and others.

Last edited:
Comparrisons between naked eye and Prizm lenses:
Prizm Road
page-22.png

Prizm Golf
page-24.png

Prizm Daily Polarized
page-25.png

Latest Posts

Back