• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Prizm Lens Technology - I Wish You Guys Could Have Seen What I Saw Today!

Seems like that's got to be a simulation, like their other simulated tint views. But I'm still psyched about the tech...
Having tried on a pair with the Prizm Daily Polarized lenses in I can safely say that the simulated comparison pics I posted are not far off from the effect I personally experienced.

New
If it's even vaguely that effective, I'm in. Hurry up with the Badman replacement lenses Oakley, I need to get some cut!

+1!!!

Having tried on a pair with the Prizm Daily Polarized lenses in I can safely say that the simulated comparison pics I posted are not far off from the effect I personally experienced.

I love the Oakley style but what really is the deal-clincher with me for the brand is the superior technology that comes with it. Really looking forward to checking out Prizm; was at a Vault today but they didn't have any for me to try...

So I just invested in a bunch of lenses to cut replacements for X-Metals from. Now I see that I will soon have to do it all over again. At least assuming that, in addition to the contrast enhancement, these lenses also significantly darken the view (not evident from the simulations). Hell, even if they don't I'll have to have a few for lower light conditions.

+1!!!
I love the Oakley style but what really is the deal-clincher with me for the brand is the superior technology that comes with it. Really looking forward to checking out Prizm; was at a Vault today but they didn't have any for me to try...
If, as the golf shot suggests, Prizm is a more effective version of the G30, I am so definitely in. Already have a lot of time for the G30, not getting as much sun here as the Californians, say, but a better G30? Oh yes.

Hi world! i wanted to ask if TR22 Lenses at MFrame 3.0 is for everyday use

Literally "Insider" but asking this (sorry I just had to :p).

"TR" stands for Target Red. It's intended primarily for shooting, hence why it was released with SI models. Now if you're asking if they can be used in the sense that they're a general contrast lens like say, G30, I'm not too sure about that. The TR22's were made to bring out browns/reds/whites (typical target colors I guess). Yeah you could live with using them everyday, but if they'd be feeling remotely purposeful in everyday situations, I don't think so — especially in bright situations. The 22's as opposed to 44's were intended to deal with brighter light sure...in shooting sessions, not full days of being outside. IMO just opt for Grey in your M-frame 3.0's for everyday.

Back