• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Prizm React - Goggles

Just got word today that this is a no go! They are trashing all of them at the factory..like thousands!! They just can't get them right!! There are now only a few pairs now that exist that work!

Last edited:
Just got word today that this is a no go! They are trashing all of them at the factory..like thousands!! They just can't get them right!! There are now only a few pairs now that exist that work!
Pssst... which dumpster are they tossing them in :rolleyes:

The idea was cool, but seemed flawed in the sense of durability... if you scratched that lenses badly or scuffed the inner lens you're out a chunk of change, if the electronics stopped working your stuck with 1 tint - don't understand why they won't just make a photochromic lens, which would essentially achieve the same idea. I had owned a pair of Smith Goggle with their chromapop photochromic low-light lenses, and found them to perform much better than Oakley's Prizm HI Pink lens...

Pssst... which dumpster are they tossing them in :rolleyes:

The idea was cool, but seemed flawed in the sense of durability... if you scratched that lenses badly or scuffed the inner lens you're out a chunk of change, if the electronics stopped working your stuck with 1 tint - don't understand why they won't just make a photochromic lens, which would essentially achieve the same idea. I had owned a pair of Smith Goggle with their chromapop photochromic low-light lenses, and found them to perform much better than Oakley's Prizm HI Pink lens...
I think the cold messes with photochromatic

then you must be getting different info then I am. I got an email from a rep and sales managers telling me that they all got trashed at the factor......
I just got the word today. Everyone was surprised because the rumor was that they were getting trashed. It’s going to be a soft roll out only in a couple of stores.

I just got the word today. Everyone was surprised because the rumor was that they were getting trashed. It’s going to be a soft roll out only in a couple of stores.

It wasn't a rumor that they were getting trashed, they did..... I know that there are a few samples around so maybe that is what is getting shipped to a few stores

Back