• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
We review the Oakley Prizm Ruby Lens including why you need it in your sunglasses and one reason you might not!
Oakley’s Prizm Ruby Lens is one of our favorite lenses currently offered. Over the last few years we’ve seen Oakley take the technology from Sports to just about every pair they offer. We’re even seeing Oakley launching Prizm lenses in wire frames like the Whisker and all new Savitar.
Oakley-Frogskins-Prizm-Ruby-Iridium-1024x819.jpg
Valentino Rossi Polished Black / Prizm Ruby Polarized Frogskins – Photo by Funky-Trixtar
What are Prizm Lenses?
Before we jump into our review we first should talk about Oakley’s Prizm Lenses. We’ve already covered...

Continue reading...

Attachments

• Oakley-Frogskins-Prizm-Ruby-Iridium-1024x819.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 513
    106.2 KB · Views: 160
    104.9 KB · Views: 153
    104.9 KB · Views: 180
    104.9 KB · Views: 150
    106.2 KB · Views: 779
    106.2 KB · Views: 174
    106.2 KB · Views: 63
    106.2 KB · Views: 64
    106.2 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Do prizm ruby and prizm tungsten look identical when looking through the lens?

I'd also be curious about that. I have 6 Oakley's with several different lenses. Different lenses accentuate different colors that you see when looking through them. I'd be curious what color you see mainly when looking through these. Is it a rose colored world through them ??

I'd also be curious about that. I have 6 Oakley's with several different lenses. Different lenses accentuate different colors that you see when looking through them. I'd be curious what color you see mainly when looking through these. Is it a rose colored world through them ??

Not sure about Prizm Tungsten, but I've got Prizm Ruby Polarised and it's a brownish tint, with yellowish colours accentuated (and they really 'pop').

I'll take some 'looking through the lense' pics later for you if you'd like. 👍

Not sure about Prizm Tungsten, but I've got Prizm Ruby Polarised and it's a brownish tint, with yellowish colours accentuated (and they really 'pop').

I'll take some 'looking through the lense' pics later for you if you'd like. 👍
Thank you !

I have the Prizm Ruby Ejectors and the Prizm Ruby Polarized Holbrook Metal (Ember).

They have an orange base color, once my eyes adjust to the lenses the colors still pop all around me. But it accentuates the oranges, reds, more so than others for sure. Where my Prizm Sapphire, Prizm Black, and Prizm Jade accent the blues, greens of the nature around me.

I also have the Ruby Polarized lenses in my Sliver, and they have the original blue tint. Which is a favorite, sad to see that go.

Tricky thing with these kinds of lenses in photos is depending on wearer, there's some acclimation that makes them feel closer to neutral, but essentially yes, the Prizm version is "warmer" than the original.

Latest Posts

Back