• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
@BEDL, thanks for showing the photo.
IMHO, prizm ruby looks horrible in that setting.. everything looks muted and less sharp. maybe its my screen, but i would hope prizm ruby excels in a different envirnoment.

Tricky thing with these kinds of lenses in photos is depending on wearer, there's some acclimation that makes them feel closer to neutral, but essentially yes, the Prizm version is "warmer" than the original.
I agree that the Ruby especially in prizm have a longer acclimation period at least for me and my eyes for the color spectrum when wearing them to broaden back out.

Sapphire and Jade seem to acclimate almost instantly because of their gray base.

@BEDL, thanks for showing the photo.
IMHO, prizm ruby looks horrible in that setting.. everything looks muted and less sharp. maybe its my screen, but i would hope prizm ruby excels in a different envirnoment.

I see what you mean. It's one of my more favoured tints though... I find it quite good for urban settings...

The Prizm Ruby in my Latches appears to be de-lamintating already. It's going on the outer edges .....so far....it's not visible:eek:

I thought I'd share my thoughts as I wore the prizm ruby polarized all weekend in a forager.
Firstly, they are great to look at from the outside. That said, this does not really help the wearer.

IMHO , this is a really weird lens ; in full disclosure my favorite lens is OO black iridium and the old titanium polarized.

It does make green and yellow/green pop at the expense of other colors such as brown or red .. e.g. I was walking in nature and I lost all definition looking at brown trees/branches/flowers.

I do not think the lens is 'warm' , to me, its more 'cool' as it just mutes most colors .. it makes everything an odd shade of brown/grey in a way that is different than a normal brown based lens.
The lens probably can handle bright sun better than its 17% VLT rating and is comfortable to look thru.

The weird part to me is how dull it makes things (similar to the urban photo above) which is not what I expected from prizm (e.g. nothing feels sharper)
I have not had the opportunity to compare it tungsten prizm.
Just my thoughts and maybe I will get used to it over time.

I have the Prizm Ruby Polarized, in both Radar EV Path (Oakley Custom) and the Flak 2.0 XL.

For whatever reason, the lens looks significantly different in both frames, with the Flak version being almost entirely mirrored, while the Radav EV Custom Oakley version having the central region with very little mirroring, with the mirroring being pronounced as we get to the curved outer edges.

The custom version also does not seem to have the etching that should say "Prizm P" on the bottom right, that we expect to see on a Prizm polarized lens.

The lens has a bronze base and as with all bronze-based lenses, the hues are warm, and the greens pop. I personally like the warmer hues, over my cooler-hued Prizm Black Polarized lenses.

It's interesting to read all the comments and two things are apparent to me. First is that there is definitely small differences in the ruby lenses depending on the frames they are made for. To me that is understandable as the polarized prizim grey (dark 11 %) are slightly different in my Holbrook vs Sliver. But when you consider the lens shape that does not surprise me.
The second thin is that we all perceive color a little differently. My wife and I certainly do as we have a difference in opinion on blue/green, green/blue colors. Now that I have 5 different lenses I realize that for me all of them suit different days of lighting.
Back to my Ruby's, I have Frogskin light with them and love them. I call them a "happy color" because that's what they make my mood, happy.

Latest Posts

Back