• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
It's interesting to read all the comments and two things are apparent to me. First is that there is definitely small differences in the ruby lenses depending on the frames they are made for. To me that is understandable as the polarized prizim grey (dark 11 %) are slightly different in my Holbrook vs Sliver. But when you consider the lens shape that does not surprise me.
The second thin is that we all perceive color a little differently. My wife and I certainly do as we have a difference in opinion on blue/green, green/blue colors. Now that I have 5 different lenses I realize that for me all of them suit different days of lighting.
Back to my Ruby's, I have Frogskin light with them and love them. I call them a "happy color" because that's what they make my mood, happy.
One of you might be blue-green colorblind

From the outside, I think the ruby lenses and matching logo looks awesome. I'd want to buy the glasses on that alone. But what really got me was on the inside, how I found the contrast effect much less pleasing than Tungsten, making Urban settings really dull like the photo above. I found that the ruby excels in more foresty green surroundings.

The more I kept wearing my glasses, the more I preferred black/grey based tints that increased overall contrast and clarity without losing the brightness. black, gray, daily and exceptions of sports/activity specific (baseball best all around, road good but light in direct sunlight), tungsten for high sun alternative.

Last edited:
i agree with slinky.
From the inside, I think tungsten or titanium iridium (i wish they still made this lens) is warmer than ruby prizm.

Hey there. Just received and tested my Manorburn with ruby prizm lenses.
I really like the glasses and the look through the centre is great for me, but i am a little disappointed by the gradient to a „blue-ish“ effect as soon as you roll your vision to the edges (all directions). Is this normal?
thanks in advance (and sorry for any grammar mistakes, i‘m from Germany).

Back