• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
We'll I definitely don't seem to have the rose tint on my Trail Torch, bottom
Trail-torch.jpg

Oakley is going hogwild with the rose contrast lenses. The difference between Dark Golf and Trail Torch is miniscule without a side-by-side comparison. The LTx profiles are similar. Compare that with the Trail vs Torch and you can see the difference (user side) far more noticeably. Torch flattens out the profile of LTx to include more blue and be a bit more neutral than the resounding contrast of Trail.

I went to an Oakley store that had a ton of their sport models. I was able to view the Trail vs Trail Torch and the difference I found noticeable. The trail was brighter and the contrast more intense than the Torch. The store is located in a mall so I had no way to be able to view the difference of these two lens while looking at a grassy landscape.

Today, I went outdoors and compared my Oakley Trail EV Zero with the Radar EV Trail Torch. To my eyes, there is a slight difference in tint (persimmon vs rose), contrast, and brightness.

I use mine for hiking and I'm usually under the canopy of trees. The Trail Torch was a hair darker and I found the contrast slightly more crisp. I didn't see an advantage of the color difference as it wasn't that pronounced to me. I've decided on overcast or cloudy days, I'll opt for the Trail. On brighter days, I will go with the Trail Torch.

The differences were very difficult for me to discern putting on one pair, taking it off, then putting on the other. When I put on both pair, one on top of other, then move my head up and down to look through each pair separately at the surrounding forest, I could see the slight differences.

If I could only have one pair, for my use, I'd opt for Trail because I'm in darker conditions under the trees. For all other conditions, I'd go with the Trail Torch.

Back