• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

prhymeate

Oakley Beginner
Oakley altered the landscape of sunglasses technology with the introduction of Prizm lenses. Designed to enhance color, contrast, and detail for various sports, it wasn’t long before Oakley released cycling and running specific lenses including Prizm Trail and Prizm Road options.
Keep reading as we review the real difference between Oakley Prizm Trail Torch and Prizm Road lenses. Plus which lens is better for running and cycling.

Prizm Trail Torch vs. Prizm Road
While both Prizm Trail and Road lenses are similar, there are some key differences to know before buying. We’ll highlight each lens below then compare them head-to-head to determine the best lens.
Prizm Trail Torch Highlights
Oakley Prizm Trail Torch is perfect for exactly what it says—activities on a trail.
Biking, hiking, walking, or anything you do in the mixed light...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have personal experience with either lens, but based on comments here on the forum I don't think the Trail lens would be dark enough, and in addition you wouldn't be getting the benefit of the prizm color filtering designed specifically for your application.

I don't have personal experience with either lens, but based on comments here on the forum I don't think the Trail lens would be dark enough, and in addition you wouldn't be getting the benefit of the prizm color filtering designed specifically for your application.

Thanks, I was worried they might be a bit too different. I guess I'll have to see if I can find someone who might want to swap lenses or frames.

This post shows prizm road pretty well, in comparison to OO red. The post right after it shows prizm trail. The difference should be quite obvious:

Oakley's new Prizm Lens Line | Page 5 | Oakley Forum

oh wow, yea there is a big difference. I hadn't expected them to be so different after looking at a few photos online. Thanks for taking the time to snap the photos and digging up the link again, I really appreciate it.

I own both lens, you can buy the replacement lens online or at the oakley store. It's good to own both!! I like road for the sunny days and trail for the overcast days!! When I first tried out the trail lens I hated it cause you can see your eyes thru the lens and it wasn't dark enough but after using the lens on cloudy or overcast days, it became my go to lens for those conditions.

Back