• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Prizm Trails (on EV Path frames)

tmy999

Oakley Beginner
Hi all

Wondering if anyone can help on this matter.

I bought the Oakley Radar EV Path with trail lens (direct from Oakley) to use primarily for off road mountain bike riding. However, I have been using them to go hiking in and recently lent them to my wife who loved them. Cue new purchase for Christmas when I saw a pair via Wiggle.co.uk.

Having just received them the Trail Prizm lens is very different from initial examination and more so when wearing them. They let in noticeably more light and tend to boost the contrast (not sure if this is just due to more light). I haven't tested them properly outside, unless you count looking at the garden?

I am very disappointed in the difference. Can anyone help / offer any reasons e.g. changes in production, quality issues etc. Just wondering if some of the more experienced users may cite to historical issues etc.

I cant believe its necessary but is it best/safer to buy direct from Oakley - I wouldn't suggest counterfeit but (having worked in manufacturing) maybe due to different outputs, production runs etc. I must confess, I am very disappointed.

Any help most welcome!

Here you go
Trail - original
New Trail - new (and disappointing)
Side by side - new on the left - notice the difference in colour!

Side by side
Side by Side.png

New Trail
New Trail.png

Trail
Trail.png

The top one is original Prizm trail which was released back in 2015 which has 36% light transmission.
The bottom one is the new Prizm trail torch which is kind of a soothing lens compared to old Prizm trail. It has 35% light transmission.

Wow. Guys, thats might impressive - thanks.

I've just checked what I'd thought was the Trail's box, which is in fact (as more than one have said), is actually the Trail Torch. The new Radar box does state Trail (not torch!).

Although I was sure my first order (my pair of Radars), that I was originally ordering the Trail from Oakley, I have double checked the website and there is only the Trail Torch available - does that mean the Trail is no longer available from Oakley? To be fair I got the new Trail at a very good price from Wiggles (£129.95 and includes the low light lens too).

I would add my wife did notice the Trails letting more light in than the Trail Torch, although I didn't think 1% more is that noticeable!

Anyway, thanks again, its much appreciated for clearing up the confusion.

Confirmation from the boxes - clearly shows:-
Trail Torch for purchase from Oakley (my pair)
Trail for purchase from Wiggles (new pair)

IMG_1085.jpg

IMG_1086.jpg

Wow. Guys, thats might impressive - thanks.

I've just checked what I'd thought was the Trail's box, which is in fact (as more than one have said), is actually the Trail Torch. The new Radar box does state Trail (not torch!).

Although I was sure my first order (my pair of Radars), that I was originally ordering the Trail from Oakley, I have double checked the website and there is only the Trail Torch available - does that mean the Trail is no longer available from Oakley? To be fair I got the new Trail at a very good price from Wiggles (£129.95 and includes the low light lens too).

I would add my wife did notice the Trails letting more light in than the Trail Torch, although I didn't think 1% more is that noticeable!

Anyway, thanks again, its much appreciated for clearing up the confusion.
Both Prizm Trails are available but prizm trail is only available as a spare lens and prizm trail torch as a complete pair.
Both is also available in the custom program.

Back