• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Product Origins

That was directed at another member and not me, correct?
As Q said, it was originally half-directed at someone in another thread. More so voicing my frustration at the current "F* anything new! Old School Only For Me!" mentality that seems to be spreading.

And yet we've seen some of the most innovative frame designs in the last 3 months to 3 years. Some of the lifestyle frames might not be executed as well as we'd like, but they're selling like god damn hotcakes.

And the fact remains that all we have is HEARSAY.

Right, we have some facts, cited and verified. And we have a lot of people with as much connection to Oakley as being a peon in a O Store mouthing off like they talked to the board of directors last week. Or worse yet, they own a few pairs and are on the internet.

That's very true. As I've said before I don't think we'll ever see a direct, clear cut answer to this issue. The only thing we can go by is what is written on the new packaging and the eyewear itself.

Oakley is indeed about to have a PR problems. The reps are telling our managers if customers bring up the made in the USA issues to have them "look at the back of their iPhone..." which I feel is a horrible way of explaining the situation to them. It shall be an interesting summer

The best we can do for now!

That's very true. As I've said before I don't think we'll ever see a direct, clear cut answer to this issue. The only thing we can go by is what is written on the new packaging and the eyewear itself.

Oakley / Luxottica is in the Eyewear & Accessories Manufacturing Business.

ALL Manufacturers have the same basic general rule that they follow. "Minimum Expense - Maximum Profit" ....... Oakley is no different.

Oakley is indeed about to have a PR problems. The reps are telling our managers if customers bring up the made in the USA issues to have them "look at the back of their iPhone..." which I feel is a horrible way of explaining the situation to them. It shall be an interesting summer
Awful answer if that's true, did apple ever make a big deal about being "made in the USA"?

Back