• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Production Numbers Are Being Misleading Towards Collectors In My Opinion

All leg-pulling aside, I actually do take Al's point to a certain extent. In that calling something "limited" is pretty bloody meaningless without a figure attached to it.
:blink:

All leg-pulling aside, I actually do take Al's point to a certain extent. In that calling something "limited" is pretty bloody meaningless without a figure attached to it.
:blink:

Its not the biggest deal in the world, but I though it would make good conversation. I just wish I was running marketing over there...lol This would all be handled..

Yeah, but as someone said earlier I don't think it's intentional on Oakley's part. It's not a conspiracy against collectors, it's just poor management and marketing.

I don't see the big deal. Oakley never released a production number for the RW dispatch but everyone is expecting the numbers to match a rumor(witch could have been dreamt up by someone while taking a crap). If Oakley says they are limited edition, then they are limited. The numbers they produce, whether it's 500 or 50000 still becomes limited when they stop production.

There is nothing misleading About calling them limited, it's really just peoples expectations that have upset everyone.

yea i agree and think you are 100% right. the numbers stated on this forum about the rw pair is heresay from employees that may and not have the correct info. the company has not made an official statement. i have had my share of employees give me incorrect info. also alot of times oakley does not release the numbers because they really do not know how many will be made. being ambiguous allows them to make more than they intended to if the pair sells well. stating a number limits them.

limited edition may not mean limit by production numbers. it has in the past included limited by region or limited by who can sell it or limited by the amount of time it is available.

yea i agree and think you are 100% right. the numbers stated on this forum about the rw pair is heresay from employees that may and not have the correct info. the company has not made an official statement. i have had my share of employees give me incorrect info. also alot of times oakley does not release the numbers because they really do not know how many will be made. being ambiguous allows them to make more than they intended to if the pair sells well. stating a number limits them.

limited edition may not mean limit by production numbers. it has in the past included limited by region or limited by who can sell it or limited by the amount of time it is available.

THAT^ good post dude.I did not even think about the term limited in those fashions

For the Frogskins at least, Limited Edition means available for set period of time only. Collectors Edition means available for a limited time and once they are all sold that colourway will not be released again. However, this has been proven not to be true as they have re-released previous Collectors Edition colourways. That is my gripe. If you say something won't be re-released then don't re-release it.

For the Frogskins at least, Limited Edition means available for set period of time only. Collectors Edition means available for a limited time and once they are all sold that colourway will not be released again. However, this has been proven not to be true as they have re-released previous Collectors Edition colourways. That is my gripe. If you say something won't be re-released then don't re-release it.

That is why I don't really collect the frogs personally. I do love them and wear them but my only pair I dont wear say "Tater' on them

Well guess what guys, all of the x metals are now considered limited editions as they no longer make those.

It would be cool if ordering online when they release the "limited editions", they have the production run up there. When I bought my echelon jawbones...what were the limited numbers on those, etc etc etc with the other glasses too!?

Back