• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley pulling carbon blade?

I think they could have problems with carbon fiber manufacturing and for that, they have increased the price or have pulled them. About the "plasticky feel" is because the frame is lightweight but carbon fiber is not o-matter...both materials made frames more comfortable than old xmetals. If you only feel quality when you have a heavy frame...that is not good. For collecting them ok, but for wearing them not...tincan carbons and carbon blade are much better frames than badman/madman(a lot of marketing behind these) but they are made in china(there are many quality issues) and for than oakley sells them for 250-300$. But badman/madman are made in USA and for that, they cost much more. Oakley ears much more selling badman/madmans...

Refer to my lengthier first post in this thread. I'm fully aware of what Carbon Fiber is. I was explaining to people why it "feels plasticky".

TL;DR, it feels like plastic because it is. Carbon Fiber is just carbon fabric suspended in plastic for reinforcement.

For the record, I love the Carbon Blades.

Back