• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sushobhon

I should Work at Oakley
Originally released in 1998, Oakley Racing Jacket sunglasses are known for their vented frame and sports style. This signature venting was featured on all four generations of the Racing Jacket (especially the 2005 RJ which featured a lot of vents)!
In this post, we’re reviewing the 2012 Racing Jacket, the same generation you can currently buy on Oakley’s website. Keep reading to see what we thought of this sport frame, plus the real differences between the Jawbone and Racing Jacket sunglasses.

Oakley Racing Jacket Sunglasses Review
For our review, we wore a pair of Retina Burn Racing Jacket sunglasses with Prizm Road lenses and overall had an awesome time cycling with this frame.
See below for the quick highlights of this sport Oakley frame.
Racing Jacket Highlights

Switchlock interchangeable lens technology for fast and easy lens replacement in seconds
8.75 base lens curvature with a full rim vented design for great peripheral view and anti-fogging
Made of lightweight...

Continue reading...

Attachments

• $_1(7).jpeg
    $_1(7).jpeg
    8.6 KB · Views: 1,092
  • oo9171-3762+racing+jacket+matte+black+++prizm+road+iridium+oakley+joe+370.jpeg
    oo9171-3762+racing+jacket+matte+black+++prizm+road+iridium+oakley+joe+370.jpeg
    45.8 KB · Views: 2,374
  • Oakley-Racing-Jacket-1024x614.jpg
    Oakley-Racing-Jacket-1024x614.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 201
    11.8 KB · Views: 110
    11.8 KB · Views: 90
    11.8 KB · Views: 94
Last edited by a moderator:
More aggressive?

Both are quite different designs so depends on what do you mean by aggressive.

Wilder looking? Original RJ for sure.

Newer/Jawbone version: Lens swaps for dayz. Customization has more angles.The design for earsocks sets them up to wear out sooner than most pairs, though.

Older version: Vintage exotic Oakley look. Get the Pro version and well, you're Pro as f***. Resources are just a little harder to come by/pay up for since it's been retired for longer.

Jawbone has been a top-notch all-purpose pair for me, but the earsocks part ended it. OEM and Revant hardly last for me, even though I don't think I sweat/oil as much as others here. Been considering the older design

Latest Posts

Back