• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Regarding RJ 1gen and 2gen, you have to understand that hingeless models nowadays are rare, check the PRO M FRAME, were also changed for a model with Hinge ,and in the end, if they are sport oriented you need that the helmet has a design that can accommodate them, in my opinion now with the new cycling helmets,it would be cool if they could revive a hingeless rj , and just put the slot to slide them in 'on the go' but.... the new flight jacket was released meaning no new jackets and no hingeless in a near future .

regarding you photo , they look 1gen's , but can't be sure, if you have the white ones. put them side by side ' - bigger - 1gen- :)

Regarding RJ 1gen and 2gen, you have to understand that hingeless models nowadays are rare, check the PRO M FRAME, were also changed for a model with Hinge ,and in the end, if they are sport oriented you need that the helmet has a design that can accommodate them, in my opinion now with the new cycling helmets,it would be cool if they could revive a hingeless rj , and just put the slot to slide them in 'on the go' but.... the new flight jacket was released meaning no new jackets and no hingeless in a near future .

regarding you photo , they look 1gen's , but can't be sure, if you have the white ones. put them side by side ' - bigger - 1gen- :)
I will be very glad if they turn out to be Gen 1.:).

... check the PRO M FRAME, were also changed for a model with Hinge

If memory serves me right the Pro M Frame (hingeless) came out a while after the normal hinged ones were available. This, at the urging of a certain Texas cyclist ;).
I remember having already a couple normal M frames in rotation when the Pro M Frames were announced.

Great lens..i have them in m frame heater.. Didn't know they have them in racing jackets.. and the last two pic ,are they prizm road or oo red polarized?
I want to say Prizm Road. I honestly cannot remember though. I trade lenses so often that I don't even have those lenses anymore. I traded them for vr50 photochromatic. (not the VR50 ruby).

I want to say Prizm Road. I honestly cannot remember though. I trade lenses so often that I don't even have those lenses anymore. I traded them for vr50 photochromatic. (not the VR50 ruby).
I want to buy one vr50 transition lens.. Since you have those can you tell me how does it perform on bright sunny days? How much time does it take for transition? I never had any experience with photochromic lenses. How much dark does it get?

I want to buy one vr50 transition lens.. Since you have those can you tell me how does it perform on bright sunny days? How much time does it take for transition? I never had any experience with photochromic lenses. How much dark does it get?

Funny you ask that. Top is the g40 photochromatic and the bottom is the vr50 photochromatic. I sold the g40 to one of my fellow coaches and kept the vr50, which I felt got darker and had better contrast looking though it.

F6ED96B3-E49B-497C-B366-4058A9852321.jpeg

0B2DC006-A650-433B-9A68-2211945AA8E9.jpeg

Here are a comparison of them not active versus active.

E1BC7EB1-A00B-49B1-9FBC-7B61AC7EFED3.jpeg

88261822-8A19-4592-9C27-15095E15D6FE.jpeg

E1F5369C-D9C2-45C2-8D16-93A957298A80.jpeg

Back