• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley racing jackets, inside lense is peeling?

habsfan

Oakley Beginner
Hi everyone, just have a question regarding lenses in general I guess. Have a old pair of racing jackets and the inside lense is flaking. I have taken really good care of them, just wondering if anyone knows why they do this??

Thank you
IMG_20150623_000726.jpg
IMG_20150623_000625.jpg
IMG_20150623_000726.jpgIMG_20150623_000625.jpg
IMG_20150623_000726.jpg
IMG_20150623_000625.jpg

Could be for many reasons.

Your sweat, oils from your skin, salt water, chlorine.
People often clean their lenses very well on the outside, but not as much on the inside.
Over time if the lenses are not removed the contaminate can build up and damage them.

I have had this happen before and Oakley offered me a discount on a replacement lens. I thought it was pretty cool, but I found them on the Oakley Vauot for clearance.

Thank you for your comments, most helpful. I contacted Oakley here in Ontario and they no longer make the pair or have replacement lenses.

Judging by the amount of dirt on the lenses near the nose, under the "c" in racing and in the top vent, I assume they weren't cleaned as often as they should have been. But I have seen this happen on well cared for lenses so take that FWIW.

Thank you for your comments, most helpful. I contacted Oakley here in Ontario and they no longer make the pair or have replacement lenses.
You'll have to hang around here and wait and see if a pair of lenses ( or a new frame) pops up ...

De lamination sucks, it's usually happens when old frames are stored for a while ...happened to a few of mine over the years...

It happened to my romeo 2 and half jacket . Hadn't worn them in a long time and kept them in the box. one day pulled them out and used them once and the next day they were all peeling .
another question. Can you rinse the glasses in warm water??

You'll have to hang around here and wait and see if a pair of lenses ( or a new frame) pops up ...

De lamination sucks, it's usually happens when old frames are stored for a while ...happened to a few of mine over the years...

I also wonder if it's because of the non folding arms on the glasses. Maybe from putting them on and off the flexing of this action caused it?

It happened to my romeo 2 and half jacket . Hadn't worn them in a long time and kept them in the box. one day pulled them out and used them once and the next day they were all peeling .
another question. Can you rinse the glasses in warm water??

Can't see why not. I have a pair of radars that I use when riding my pwc, I have them in water all the time. No problems.

I guess it was just coincidence that after I used my half jacket and rinsed the sweat off it after I went running and the next day it started to peel off.