• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
  • 1.4.3 Final, Final Thoughts
It may look like Oakley toned down from their radical aesthetic, yet the original M-Frame really had little going on in that department save for paintjobs, and yet it became immensely popular, applicable, and imitated worldwide. If you make more out of less, it's more impressive from an engineering standpoint. Right now Oakley's signature shield pairs are by Mark Cavendish (Radarlock and now Jawbreaker). Spiffy sprinter and personality, but before that there was a much bigger name wearing the M-Frame — the name that first comes to mind for almost anyone when it comes to cycling: Lance Armstrong.

Unlike my Jawbreaker review, I don't have a tl;dr of pros and cons

highlighted it a little for you. :)
ohhh...modern-day internet slang at work.

Are old Radar Path lenses (not Radarlock) compatible with the new Radar EV frame

No. The hooks should be a bit different and there's surely no way they can fill the upper rim profile. That's one of the fundamental differences with the EV: the lens is taller than past Radars.

I finally got a EV pair (Road)
When I got them I immediately hated
Didnt like them compared to regular path.
Hard to explain why, But i just didnt like the fit. Seemed Bulky
Back into the case they went. to be traded or sold I wasn't sure which.
Well after reading this again. Im debating
I may pull the sticker off the lens, and actually wearing them

I will follow up after

Last edited:
Looking at the pictures, the Jawbreaker looks significantly taller then the Radar EV Pitch. Looks like it could be close to 5mm taller.
I got a big/long face. Radar EV Path leaves a pretty decent gap around the bottom lens, leaving alot of wind getting inn.
Unfortunaly, i'm not able to try on the Jawbreakers. However, it seems like the taller Jawbreakers should fit me much better in this regard.

Do you happen to know if the Pitch lens itself is taller then the Path lens?
I believe ive read that they have the same height, just slightly different shape, being the Path having that curved bottom.

Looking at the pictures, the Jawbreaker looks significantly taller then the Radar EV Pitch. Looks like it could be close to 5mm taller.
I got a big/long face. Radar EV Path leaves a pretty decent gap around the bottom lens, leaving alot of wind getting inn.
Unfortunaly, i'm not able to try on the Jawbreakers. However, it seems like the taller Jawbreakers should fit me much better in this regard.

Do you happen to know if the Pitch lens itself is taller then the Path lens?
I believe ive read that they have the same height, just slightly different shape, being the Path having that curved bottom.

I personally don't have both cuts for the EV, but essentially the Pitch has more coverage in the places the Path is sculpted at the bottom. Top height isn't different because that would necessitate a different nose piece.

Also note that the Jawbreaker's lower frame is misleadingly adding a bit of height.

I just found out that the Pitch/Path lens has the same height indeed. They are 50mm tall, while the Jawbreakers lens is 53mm.
So it looks like the Jawbreakers will give my oblong face less gaps and less wind in my eyes! :D

Latest Posts

Back