• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ventruck

I am Jim Jannard...
We review the Oakley Radar EV Path Sunglasses and why they may be the best cycling frame!

Table of Contents

BackgroundOakley Radar EV Frame Lens Coverage and FitNosepad and EarstemsFeatures and DetailsOakley Radar EV...
Continue reading...

ev lock side.jpg

ev lock side.jpg

ev jawbreaker side.jpg

ev lock front.jpg

ev lock top.jpg

ev lock width.jpg

ev jawbreaker front.jpg

ev jawbreaker width.jpg

ev jawbreaker top.jpg

radar ev width.jpg

radar ev nose.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. :shock:

That review is just amazing.

I was impressed that I found only 1 error throughout the whole thing also. It's right after "unlike my Jawbreaker review"

Great great review. :)

Such a comprehensive review. Thank you for taking the time to type this out! I have been looking at purchasing a radar ev, the only thing stopping me is not trying them on before I buy. By the time I try it on though I might be able to customize a pair, hopefully.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Added a couple pics to show the added width on the lenses vs the Radarlock, and the narrower nose bridge setup. I'm hoping the fluo/retina rubbers from the jade pair are released separately.

I was impressed that I found only 1 error throughout the whole thing also. It's right after "unlike my Jawbreaker review"

lol hopefully the edit I made was the right one

I was poking around to see replacement lenses and was surprised that they're only $60 for Iridium lenses and up to $90 polar. I'm not sure if that's an error as I could've sworn it usually costs $120-30 for the Radar and Radarlock. This includes Fire, Black, and OO Red.

If Chrome was released, I would've jumped on it. I'm generally not a polar guy otherwise.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words everyone. Added a couple pics to show the added width on the lenses vs the Radarlock, and the narrower nose bridge setup. I'm hoping the fluo/retina rubbers from the jade pair are released separately.

lol hopefully the edit I made was the right one

I was poking around to see replacement lenses and was surprised that they're only $60 for Iridium lenses and up to $90 polar. I'm not sure if that's an error as I could've sworn it usually costs $120-30 for the Radar and Radarlock. This includes Fire, Black, and OO Red.

If Chrome was released, I would've jumped on it. I'm generally not a polar guy otherwise.

• 1.4.3 Final, Final Thoughts
It may look like Oakley toned down from their radical aesthetic, yet the original M-Frame really had little going on in that department save for paintjobs, and yet it became immensely popular, applicable, and imitated worldwide. If you make more out of less, it's more impressive from an engineering standpoint. Right now Oakley's signature shield pairs are by Mark Cavendish (Radarlock and now Jawbreaker). Spiffy sprinter and personality, but before that there was a much bigger name wearing the M-Frame — the name that first comes to mind for almost anyone when it comes to cycling: Lance Armstrong.

Unlike my Jawbreaker review, I don't have a tl;dr of pros and cons

highlighted it a little for you. :)

Back