• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Radar Pace Problems: connected (no media)

emacross

Oakley Beginner
Hi,
I'm sorry if this isn't the right forum's section, and i know that there is a similar post here: Radar pace not working correctly

But it seems to me that a solution hasn't been found.
Soo maybe someone now can help me.
The proble is that when I try to pair the Radar Pace with my android 7.0 phone only the call whorks with sunglasses the other sounds are reproduced by the speakers on the phone. If I check the bluethoot setting I can see the message "connected (no media)" but the media flag is active.
I tried to: restart phone and glass, re-pairing, clean cache of bluethoot, reistall the oakley app, restore the glass to factory setting and change pair of Radar pace at the shop but nothing work.
But The glass work well with another androi 7.0 phone!!!
Anyone have a solution for this??

thank you everybody

I am having the exact same problem with my Radar Pace and my Samsung Note 9 phone. It was working fine a few days ago. I am not aware of an update that happened on my phone, but I can no longer hear audio from my phone. ie, music, audible books, etc. I contacted Oakley and they suggested I complete a warranty claim. Only issue is I received the quote from Oakley today and it is $100 more than I paid for the glasses new in October 2018. I think Oakley is going about it wrong and the left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing. Telling me to complete a warranty claim was likely bad advice form their service department. This is obviously a technology issue. My guess is when the Note 9 updated, Oakley did not do what was needed on their end to create a viable update to the Pace. My assumption is once they do this, it will be fixed. Unfortunately, not one person I spoke to at Luxottica has any idea why this happened, how to fix it, or who I should talk to. Hopefully someone at Oakley can read this forum post.

I am having the exact same problem with my Radar Pace and my Samsung Note 9 phone. It was working fine a few days ago. I am not aware of an update that happened on my phone, but I can no longer hear audio from my phone. ie, music, audible books, etc. I contacted Oakley and they suggested I complete a warranty claim. Only issue is I received the quote from Oakley today and it is $100 more than I paid for the glasses new in October 2018. I think Oakley is going about it wrong and the left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing. Telling me to complete a warranty claim was likely bad advice form their service department. This is obviously a technology issue. My guess is when the Note 9 updated, Oakley did not do what was needed on their end to create a viable update to the Pace. My assumption is once they do this, it will be fixed. Unfortunately, not one person I spoke to at Luxottica has any idea why this happened, how to fix it, or who I should talk to. Hopefully someone at Oakley can read this forum post.
I'm sure it's a software problem, a kind of bluethooth communication inability but I do not know what it's based on.
In this post: Radar pace not working correctly "JAWBONEJULIET" said: "I fixed it" but he didn't explain how... or maybe I misunderstood (my english isn't perfect)

I am having the same problem with Samsung Note 8. At first they worked fine then just stopped playing music. I have paired them with other devices and nothing. I contacted Oakley and 2 of their Reps didnt even know they had sunglasses with Bluetooth technology. They told me to make a warranty claim. I did. And Oakley wants to charge me $300.66 to get a replacement. I just want the earbuds to connect to media on my phone!

Let's be real. The Pace was not very well supported by Oakley. Sales were worse than poor which is probably why they never even released so much as a replacement lens for it.

Originally I didn't have many issues with mine. Once I updated my phone though, all hell broke lose. All the same symptoms as above. First it wouldn't connect. Then it wouldn't stay connected. Then it would take calls but not play music Ect ect. I did a hard reset on my phone with no success.

I finally gave up on it. I kinda figured with no support from Oakley they would probably never update their software with the new iterations of android.

From what I've been able to find out, no replacement parts are available either. I wanted to get a replacement ear bud because mine loosened up to the point it would fall out of my ear and was told I'd have to replace the whole pair.

It's kinda sad that these are supported just as poorly as the airwave goggle which was also $400+ on release.

Let's be real. The Pace was not very well supported by Oakley. Sales were worse than poor which is probably why they never even released so much as a replacement lens for it.

Originally I didn't have many issues with mine. Once I updated my phone though, all hell broke lose. All the same symptoms as above. First it wouldn't connect. Then it wouldn't stay connected. Then it would take calls but not play music Ect ect. I did a hard reset on my phone with no success.

I finally gave up on it. I kinda figured with no support from Oakley they would probably never update their software with the new iterations of android.

From what I've been able to find out, no replacement parts are available either. I wanted to get a replacement ear bud because mine loosened up to the point it would fall out of my ear and was told I'd have to replace the whole pair.

It's kinda sad that these are supported just as poorly as the airwave goggle which was also $400+ on release.
O

Ok I have a samsung galaxy s9 plus have had a hell of a time with connection to the app now this is for android only at least on mine go to connections tap Bluetooth at top right tap advanced scroll down and turn on duel audio this will let more than one unit connect my radars hooked righr up...good luck..there is a company called Aftershockz making audio sun glasses called Revvez may be another way to go..Let me know

Back