• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
Last edited:
Nice writeup!
Mandatory reading for those uninitiated in the Radar* habit.

Is there any other difference in shape between Radarlock and Radar lenses besides that protruding hook on the Radarlocks'?

Thanks-

Is there any other difference in shape between Radarlock and Radar lenses besides that protruding hook on the Radarlocks'?

Thanks-

In case you missed it in the article...

"The Radarlock is slightly larger than the Radar, featuring a width of 138m across, 131mm temple length and the same 44mm height."

Also there is no Radarlock Range lens.

In case you missed it in the article...

"The Radarlock is slightly larger than the Radar, featuring a width of 138m across, 131mm temple length and the same 44mm height."

Also there is no Radarlock Range lens.

No, I didn't miss that..but perhaps misunderstood. Obviously the numbers are there, but I figured it's possible it fits the same lenses...just with more frame material around them! :D

I should order a few and compare...

Nose profiles are a little different as well if I recall. A Radar lends in a Radarlock frame will have gaps in the nose area. That + lack of the end hooks = that combo has very compromised protection capability.

Nose profiles are a little different as well if I recall. A Radar lends in a Radarlock frame will have gaps in the nose area. That + lack of the end hooks = that combo has very compromised protection capability.

That's good to know. I actually want to do it the other way: radarlocks still have a lot of colors available that I want to put in my 1st gen. Radars.

I was reading that whole lens cutting guide and getting ideas.

Latest Posts

Back