• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Radar

Jaimie23

Oakley Beginner
Have a few questions regarding the Oakley Radars:

I am looking for a very special oakley radar sunglasses with matte black frame and jade iridium lenses. Is there a way to configure this and purchase it?

Do Radar Sunglasses come with serial numbers? If so how can i find it?

Are there two versions of the Oakley Radar frame? One with a hole and one with no hole?

hi guys,

i am new here and hope someone can help me to find answers

i am looking for a very special oakley radar sunglas with matte black frame and jade iridium glases.
how can i configure and buy this?

does a radar glases have a serial number? how can i find it?

are there two versons of the oakley radar fram? one with a hole and one with no hole?

You'll have to get a matte black frame and add a Jade lens. Jade isn't available through custom or accessory lenses, though.

Radars have model numbers on standard retail pairs, printed inside the left stem. A custom set won't have the model number, and Radars do not have serial numbers.

The Radar is available in standard, straight stem, Asian fit, XL, XL straight stem, and Lock frame types. XL and Lock lenses will not fit other frame types. Pitch, Path, and Range will fit any standard, straight stem, or Asian fit frame. XL frames can have the nose bridge swapped to the standard size, and vise-versa.

The "hole" that you are referring to is the new Radarlock. So yes there are more than one frame option. Unless you are referring to lenses with holes in which case you are looking for vented lenses. Otherwise Rust pretty much nailed it on the head.

oh, no ... i mean not the lenses with the "hole", i mean the frame.

this lockswitch feature is nothing for me.

pitch jade iridium lenses is what i want, no way to buy the jade iridium pitch lenses alone?

what is "vise-versa" ?

i am not sure what the right frame is for me

my head is normal, so i dont think that xl is oke for me

standard, straight stem and asian fit frames, what are the diferents?
does anyone have pictures?

i have search .. but nothing found, anyone have pictures from a matte black radar frame with ice and or jade iridium lenses?

You won't be able to buy this set up you have to get the two pieces seperate. They only have a model number not a serial number. The one's you're talking about with the hole in the side are the radarlocks, you can also get the original versions with a hole the only ones that don't have a hole are the striaght stems

oh, no ... i mean not the lenses with the "hole", i mean the frame.

this lockswitch feature is nothing for me.

pitch jade iridium lenses is what i want, no way to buy the jade iridium pitch lenses alone?

what is "vise-versa" ?

i am not sure what the right frame is for me

my head is normal, so i dont think that xl is oke for me

standard, straight stem and asian fit frames, what are the diferents?
does anyone have pictures?

i have search .. but nothing found, anyone have pictures from a matte black radar frame with ice and or jade iridium lenses?
Radar - standard frame, flares at the temples which is a design aspect to fit over helmet straps such as on a bicycle helmet. The stems have "jet holes". Lenses come in Path (smallest), Pitch (medium) and Range (largest). All 3 lenses will fit any frame.

Radar Straight Stem - similar fit, but the temples do no flare as wide so the overall fit is slightly narrower. Designed to fit with a lower profile than the Radar and go under things like baseball caps. This is used for the Radar Edge women's specific model, for example, as women typically don't need as wide of a frame. The stems are solid, no hole. Same lenses are used.

Radar XL Blade- Same frame as the Radar, but the nose piece is longer. This allows for a lens that is taller from nose to eyebrow so when you're tucking your chin and looking up (like on a bicycle) there is more space to see through. The XL lenses are anti-fog treated and are overall about as tall from nose to cheek as the Range size, but are square cut similar to the classic Blade, which had a similar high-brow design compared to the Razor Blade. Due to the size difference only XL lenses can be used with this frame. Due to the Radar design the nose piece can be removed and a standard nose piece installed to allow standard lenses to be used. Vise-versa meaning a standard frame can also have an XL nose piece installed for XL lenses. Nose pieces cannot be bought individually and this shouldn't be done constantly, only to create a custom frame and be done.

Radar XL Blade Straight Stem - similarly a straight stem version with tall nose piece.

Radar Lock - new frame that opens at the temples to allow "easier" lens changes with less stress on all of the components. Triangular hole in the stem. Currently only Path and Pitch lenses available.

Radar Asian Fit - wider fit with taller nose bombs to accommodate wide, shallow face structures of Asian people.

Radar Edge - Women's specific straight stem model. Different lens shape. I'm not sure if these frames can accept standard Radar lenses, or if the Edge lenses will work in other frames.

RadarLock Jade Vented (Pitch or Path) is the only option for Jade lenses in a Radar. I'm not sure if there are other lenses out there for standard Radars, but they're not being sold by Oakley at this time.

To get a matte black frame with Jade lens, you will need to buy a frame and accessory lens. Pitch Jade comes on the white frame at retail, but there are only matte black ink, polished black, polished white, matte white, matte glacier, blood orange, matte heather gray, silver, infrared, and carbon fiber frames available for the Radar Lock.

Edit;
If the RadarLock is available for customization in-store you might be able to get your desired combination in one shot. If not, you can wait for the Lock frame to go on the Oakley website for custom.

thanks, i think now i understand it better.

guys, can you help me please to finde so pictures from a matte black oakley radar with matte black and gunmetal logo?

Latest Posts

Back