• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Radarlock issue?

IFinalboss

Oakley Beginner
Ok so today i was cleaning my lens and i believe some kind of metal tab? came out of the lock part now the arm is loose anyone know where it goes the right arm is fine nice and tight but now the left arm is super loose. Is there anything i can do i really don't want to have to send it back to oakley for something so small and have to wait

I used to have a radarlock, but the hinge mechanism broke....
I then bought 3 pairs of the usual radars, all path, one of the thirty year heritage collection and the rest are all custom ones (plus tons of positive red iridium and prizm lens)
I never had a problem.
My personal view is that the "locking" mechanism is a bit of a gimmick where it is more susceptible to break.
I use my standard radars on marathons, cycling and triathlons and I swap the lens out whithin 10 secs which shows the radarlock thing actually is not that necessary.
I also use it on the job (as my avatar shows)
Good luck on sending it back to oakley if you can
John

Can you take a picture of it? Only metal parts I know around the lock area are the spring and stem hinge.

I'd also contact Oakley about it anyway. If they offer replacement (of either part or frame), take it. It'd either be that+downtime or just be SOL because Radarlock small parts aren't really available anywhere.

thats the best shot i could get of it

20151108_102514.jpg

20151108_102503.jpg

i honestly can't be 100% sure that is what came out of them either to be honest but it was the only thing i could find on the floor what other components can be in the locking mechanism that would effect the arm slack?

i honestly can't be 100% sure that is what came out of them either to be honest but it was the only thing i could find on the floor what other components can be in the locking mechanism that would effect the arm slack?

At least from what I can make out with inspecting my pair, there's just the pin/hinge. Otherwise my best guess is that the surrounding surfaces got compromised.

I believe the locking mechanism is just a single plastic piece connected to a spring.

Does your pair behave an differently since you noticed this?

well i've noticed a huge difference in how the left arm is now considerably less tight when closing the frame arms same with opening them. Only thing i can think of is maybe the pin is loose but i have no way of tightening them that is a really small head

Edit: other than the looseness the frames functionality remains. Just a minor annoyance to me i suppose

Latest Posts

Back