• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Radarlock vs. Radarlock XL

Greasedscotsman

Oakley Beginner
Is the only differance between Radarlock XLs and Radarlocks (other than the lens, obviously...) the nose piece? Seems like the "top" part of the frame is the same and they just use an extended nose piece. And are these longer pieces avaliable anywhere?

Oh and message to Oakley, please make more XLs, they're great! Got a pair recently (after seeing Niki Terpstra win Paris Roubaix in a pair of Radar XLs...) and I've worn nothing else since!

Is the only differance between Radarlock XLs and Radarlocks (other than the lens, obviously...) the nose piece? Seems like the "top" part of the frame is the same and they just use an extended nose piece. And are these longer pieces avaliable anywhere?

1)Yes
2)Have no idea where to find the nose piece. I think most people have been swapping from existing pairs.

^this. You pretty much need to buy another pair and swap, unless you can find some on Ebay. Try calling Oakley HQ.

I recently bought a few radarlock xl straight stems and I switch the nose piece to regular radarlock.

What I love about radarlocks are the nose peice come off pretty easy, a little twist and its off. Its not on as tight as regular radars to put back on. HQ does not sell the piece individually , only way your going be able to mod this is owning both frames and swaping it.

I recently bought a few radarlock xl straight stems and I switch the nose piece to regular radarlock.

What I love about radarlocks are the nose peice come off pretty easy, a little twist and its off. Its not on as tight as regular radars to put back on. HQ does not sell the piece individually , only way your going be able to mod this is owning both frames and swaping it.
Have a spare XL frame you don't need then, @djhyper66 ?

Oh...yeah... Greasedscotsma...I'm in the same boat.
I have bought mine 2 years ago and have looked, still looking for that nose piece...but just cannot fine one yet.
I have came close to having one via this forum....someone asked me to trade my xl nose piece to his/her path/pitch.
I was little late on reply and he/she sold it to someone else...bummer...
This type of trade is little difficult since I own 3 lenses for my XL...and other party don't have any lenses that can go with that nose piece.

Hopefully ......Oakley might.....just might make more lenses for XL...

I have some Rarar XL Blades. I cannot find a short or long nose piece anywhere. I wanted to get a normal pair of lenses and short nose piece to convert it over, but cannot come up with any results.

I love the XL's for softball. You don't see the top frame on a fly ball, and you also have a tad more face protection, 7mm worth. Believe it or not, I got hit in the face with a softball and my glasses did NOT break. If I didn't have them on, I know for a fact my nose would have broke. I took a cut off throw from the outfield and the sun was setting right where the ball was thrown. I lost it, next thing you now....BONK!!! LOL

Back