• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Razorblades Lens Swap Help

Evan U

Oakley Beginner
Hi there,

I recently scratched my white and violet 2014 heritage Razorblades to the point where the iridium coating came off. I then decided to buy another pair from the same year with the same lens color and intended to swap the lens. I attempted to remove the lens by first, removing the nose piece, and then secondly pulling the lens and middle of the bridge away from each other while holding a microfiber on the lens. I ended up scratching these glasses somehow as well which is extremely frustrating despite using a microfiber cloth. The iridium has come off on this pair as well and the lens hasn't been removed. I'm now a couple of hundred dollars short and am still set on replacing the lens of my original pair of Razorblades. I intend to re-sell the ones I just purchased as used and at a discounted rate because of the damage. My original pair of Razorblades hold a lot of sentimental value to me and I'd like to keep all components original and just swap lenses, but I do not want to risk or waste any more glasses as they're so far and few.

If anyone could help me I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Last edited:
I hate removing the lenses but you actually pull from the side where it would hook . Just grab a corner and pull down. Should come out easy!

Hope it helps!

I hate removing the lenses but you actually pull from the side where it would hook . Just grab a corner and pull down. Should come out easy!

Hope it helps!
Where exactly on the side should I be grabbing and pulling from. If you could show me an image of where I should pull from that would be extremely helpful. I really would not like to ruin another pair of razorblades.

You wanna pull from right under where the frame meets the lens on the farthest side
Pull from Right under my thumb , and pull down while holding the front of the frame where the lens crack is .

F42C7E0C-888A-4C5B-B6B5-FE44891980D5.jpeg

Thank you so much. Worked like a charm! Nice oaks by the way!

Yay I’m glad it worked dude! They’re one of the only frames that you DONT pull from the middle. Last time I tried that I broke the frame lol the lens came out easy but the frame snapped where I pulled it

Yay I’m glad it worked dude! They’re one of the only frames that you DONT pull from the middle. Last time I tried that I broke the frame lol the lens came out easy but the frame snapped where I pulled it
I'm not able to reply to direct messages for whatever reason, but I actually ended up buying a whole new pair of the same glasses. I swapped the lens and one of the arm pieces as well since there was some paint missing from the lettering. Thank you for reaching out about the extra lens though!

Back