• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley readers 1.0?

dsw1204

Oakley Beginner
I'm new here (first post) and wondering if anyone can help me with my current dilemma. I'm getting older and my eyesight is deteriorating. I am using reading glasses to read books and magazine. I need them to read labels at food stores. It has gotten to the point that while driving I notice that if I wear my 1.0 readers, I see with more detail while even driving my car.

I have a set of Monster Dogs that I wear while driving and I love those glasses. But the reduced sunlight that hits my eyes while wearing them makes my vision a little blurry...just a little.

Does Oakley, or any other manufacturer of high end sunglass lenses, make sunglasses with 1.0 reading magnification...and NOT bifocals. I do not like bifocals.

I can't seem to find anybody that makes a high-end sunglass lens with a 1.0 magnification. Some manufacturers will make some sunglass lenses with as little as 1.5 magnification, but that is too powerful for me to wear while driving.

Can anybody help me with this dilemma?

Thanks for any help I get.

I'll need to see if Oakley still makes RX lenses for monster dogs. No reason you can't buy readers with +1.00 magnification in an Oakley. However they are magnifiers, not rx glasses. These will cost same price as rx lenses. So you are much better off having your eyes examined and getting the correct RX made, rather than doing your best to estimate it.
@dsw1204 what color lens do you want? Grey or bronze? Perhaps black or gold iridium? Maybe one of those colors in polarized? Let me know what exactly you are looking for and perhaps I can do this for you. Again, they'd be readers/magnifiers. I can't recommend driving in them since I'm not a dr, not your doctor. But if you do that and you see better that's your prerogative.

Last edited:
I know getting a RX is the best bet but Im very comfortable with 2.00 full lenses NOT BiFOCALS. Can anyone help find a needle in a haystack a point me in a direction to get 2.00 lenses for Flak Jackets AND Juliets.

Back