• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Romeo 1 vs Romeo 2 ?

I like most forum members have both :) and would like to add that the R2 is more comfortable to wear for longer periods (IMO, The R2's are the most comfortable of all the x-metals), but the R1 is and probably always will be my favourite frame, even though I do find them to be a bit uncomfortable after a couple of hours. So to summarise R1 for looks R2 for comfort, if you can get 1 of each you are sorted ;)

R1 uncomfortable?! I wear it all day and most nights too

I personally prefer the R2 but there is one problem for daily use (at least for/with me):
the fact that there is no metal protecting the bottom edge of the lens leads rapidly to some very unpleasent scratches/marks => Nothing to do about that other than taking more care!

I personally prefer the R2 but there is one problem for daily use (at least for/with me):
the fact that there is no metal protecting the bottom edge of the lens leads rapidly to some very unpleasent scratches/marks => Nothing to do about that other than taking more care!

Or, when you put them down on a table/counter/whatever, place them upside-down so they rest on the frame, not the lenses...

Many of us keep a single-tier at our desk, etc. to avoid marks when not wearing our dailies...

I have a 2 coming this week. So, I can add my opinions. My only issue beforehand is finding replacement rubber.

Oh nice! Well then, i won't worry as much now. Thanks man. I'll have to ask him what he has available.

@jdd32 modified rootbeer OEM Juliet rubber for a R2 frame I have copper plated. As soon as I have them finished, I will post them up and show the rubber off, as well.

He can modify any rubber colors available in Juliet OEM color AND the colors available with Linegear.

That is sweet. I am for sure going to have to talk to him. I've seen some of his work around here. It seems to be quality stuff.

Back