• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Oakley Romeo 1

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
I try to help. But, seems like I stir the pot whenever I pop in. Smoke Pellet!!! Gone...:assassin:

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
With your budget you could quite easily snag a used romeo that needs a little TLC for $500 or so. If the finish needs work send it to the x-man and have the finish redone, that's like $50 shipped and they will look brand new. If you aren't worried about all original Oakley rubber buy an aftermarket rubber kit from Linegear for less than $30. You can also buy excellent quality aftermarket lenses from Linegear or have one of our many custom lens cutters cut a pair of Oakley lenses for your frame (custom cut costs vary but top of the mark would be $140 or so for Oakley polarized custom cuts). That can be done well within your budget and they will look stellar. Please post pics when you have it all done! No need to be a stranger around here, most folks are just trying to be helpful.
Thanks. I'm looking for a pair that doesn't need too
much work done to it.
That cracking issue worries me.

Username Hidden said:
much work done to it.
Most of is don't have issues with cracking. Put them on and take them off like a pair of goggles or like you are putting on a hat. That decreases the stress. None of my pairs have cracks in their lenses. Just be careful and it won't be an awful issue... To me fixing up old beater pairs and making them like new is part of the fun. These things are like a damn phoenix, they can be resurrected from the ash heap time and time again and made to look like new for very little money.

Username Hidden said:
much work done to it.
I wear my R1 regularly. I don't have cracking issues. Taking them on and off the right way helps prevent that.

Username Hidden said:
I wear my R1 regularly. I don't have cracking issues. Taking them on and off the right way helps prevent that.
So if I bought a pair with cracks it could be fixed?

Username Hidden said:
You'd have to replace the lenses. We can reccomend a few good custom lense cutters here to do that for you. Any color you choose. Some are harder to find than others, though. But, if you take good care of them after replacing the lenses, you shouldn't have any issues.

Username Hidden said:

Yes, by replacing the lenses.

jinx

@zwc0442 cut these for me, and I wear them often. No cracking issues here. Having a good rubber set in them helps as well. Think of it like keeping your car tuned up.
20151119_001440.jpg