• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Romeo 1's and Michael Jordan - The Real Story

I have never understood why the all the 4 digit serialed Romeo is so in demand. It is the 5000 and under serials that are important since they are the only ones the original reps called 'limited edition' back in the day.....though they never put it down in writing so as to give them a chance to sell more of the red sock pairs.

It's all about the red socks man.

:punish:So there was no official statement stating they were "Jordan" R1's? People just assumed huh?

Nope. And as I've said before (including in my recent post in the "Falling X-metals" thread or "Cheap people" thread....can't remember which), the "MJ" R1 is nothing special. Just an earlier X-metal frame with Black Iridium. Don't care about the Square stems and different "X-metal" etching font from the later gen R1s. Too subtle to matter.

If the "MJ" R1s were indeed MJ inspired, they should/would have come with a dedicated MJ Box like the Jordan Mars. My humble opinion, but certainly conforms to logic.

David

I think the 4 digit ones will still be as valuable. I want one and it has nothing to do with Michael Jordan.

What I want to know is how much longer they will be referred to as Jordan R1s.

Maybe we should all call them "TC" R1s or Cruise R1s.

Would that hurt the value? lol

Nope. And as I've said before (including in my recent post in the "Falling X-metals" thread or "Cheap people" thread....can't remember which), the "MJ" R1 is nothing special. Just an earlier X-metal frame with Black Iridium. Don't care about the Square stems and different "X-metal" etching font from the later gen R1s. Too subtle to matter.

If the "MJ" R1s were indeed MJ inspired, they should/would have come with a dedicated MJ Box like the Jordan Mars. My humble opinion, but certainly conforms to logic.

David

Agreed but you know how people are... slap a fancy name or associate with a athlete and people drop tons of money. I on the other hand make a deplicate at a fraction of the price.

I wish I had your guys luck. Or the luck of the pawn shops/yard sales that sell x metals for pennies. I'm very spectical that it even happens. Old lady with $50 x metals is more believable though. Everyone and their mother knows what Oakley is.
Xmetals are not as well known ;). Plus when someone paid a few hunderd for sunglasses 10 years ago they don't think there still worth anything later on and turned in to a collectible..

Latest Posts

Back