• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Romeo 1s - Information

All in all great sunglasses. I agree, you should buy a used pair first and make sure they work for you as they are not for everyone. Plus if you plan to wear them a lot, what does it matter if they are new and complete now? Any pair can be brought back to like new shape pretty easily (@Linegear Japan for rubber and @Chris A Hardaway for lenses). They dont require nose bridge tuning like other x-metals. If you find out you love them then be prepared to spend a small fortune as they do tend to multiply....

Thanks Guys / Gals for all your replies

It's exactly the sort of information I am after, so keep it coming if you please. I have kinda just discovered X-Metals and seriously started wanting Romeo 1s badly, I had previously spotted them before, so they were on my radar, however I wasn't in a position to purchase. I hear what you state about buying a pair of beaters to see if I like them and will consider it but I'm pretty sure if I am lucky enough to get a mint pair and in the highly unlikely event that I don't like them am pretty sure there'll be plenty of people willing to buy them off me. From information gained on this thread it seems like my preferred colourway is Dark Frame with Black Iridium Lenses. If I do decide to get some beaters and customize, how will it affect the resale value if the worst happens and I have to sell them? The reason I am after a mint pair is, I love the look of them, they’re rare and I actually believe that they will go up in price. Do you guys reckon they’ll go up in price?

The Future's So Bright You Just Gotta Wear Shades !!!

J L R

Thanks Guys / Gals for all your replies

It's exactly the sort of information I am after, so keep it coming if you please. I have kinda just discovered X-Metals and seriously started wanting Romeo 1s badly, I had previously spotted them before, so they were on my radar, however I wasn't in a position to purchase. I hear what you state about buying a pair of beaters to see if I like them and will consider it but I'm pretty sure if I am lucky enough to get a mint pair and in the highly unlikely event that I don't like them am pretty sure there'll be plenty of people willing to buy them off me. From information gained on this thread it seems like my preferred colourway is Dark Frame with Black Iridium Lenses. If I do decide to get some beaters and customize, how will it affect the resale value if the worst happens and I have to sell them? The reason I am after a mint pair is, I love the look of them, they’re rare and I actually believe that they will go up in price. Do you guys reckon they’ll go up in price?

The Future's So Bright You Just Gotta Wear Shades !!!
J L R
You can customize them to your style and look I have seen a quite a number of R1 polished go for much more then the default look. So if you customize them and you have to sell them somewhere along the line you could have them polished and still get a pretty penny. About the price well I am not sure if they will go up but the price is quite spread a decent beater is roughly 400 ish dollars.

If you were to get a mint pair they wont stay mint if you use them ;)

I've got two pairs for sale, no reasonable offer will be denied!
DSC01518.JPG DSC02443.JPG

Tell me more doowutchyalike! Darker frame is my preferred option, am located in the UK.

Also where can you get the frames Cerakoted professionally and what's the cost Guys and Gals?

Back