• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Rx Frames?

Sorry kinda late to the party but I've had a bunch of different RX frames. Most recently the Gasket, Servo and Crosslink. The Crosslink is by far my favorite RX frame I've ever had. Besides comfort, the have the rubber on the arms and nose which help keep them in place. Over the years....with my fat face LOL... I've notice that all my RX frames tend to lose its curve and the frames seem to flatten out and keep sliding down my nose which causes some nasty headaches. I don't know if it because I used them actually more than my sunglasses or what. It was most notable with the Servo frame. But the Crosslink, I put it through hell and I see that it has flatten out a bit..BUT it still stays in place and is comfortable and it was when I first bought it. Again kinda late, but hope it helps
Get some X Metals, you will have a challange flattening out titanium!
clear.png

I take this back if you have the same issue as @QLR1 . He would love a pair but alas they did not design them his dimensions in mind! Hope you don't mind me adding this QLR1
clear.png

clear.png

I take this back if you have the same issue as @QLR1 . He would love a pair but alas they did not design them his dimensions in mind! Hope you don't mind me adding this QLR1
clear.png
LOL! Yeah Oakley did not design many things for the big boys. Think I would pass out if I found a Oakley shirt that could fit me:D

I've a big dome and have limited my rx down to 2 pairs: 3113 and whisker 8b using O clear transitions. I'm not a fan of super flat glasses so I'll soon be replacing the 3113 with a custom why 8.

You may want to stay away from frames that use monoshock or twinshock hinges - they're nice by design but don't work well for people with broader faces.

clear.png

clear.png
I seen this post in the Tapatalk app and I was expecting pictures. No big deal, as long as I'm not being trashed lol

But nope, I'm not suited for the old Metals as previously stated.

I was at an OStore & just could not decide. Ugh.

If you don't fancy anything from the RX line, you can always go for a sunglass frame and put in RX lenses.

I have the Crosslink (medium is 53-17-140, large is 55-18-140) but I wanted something bigger yet similar so, I went ahead and asked an optician to put in clear RX lenses for my Chainlink (57-17-138).

The optician did mention to me that it would probably not be doable if you have a considerably higher RX.

unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
If you don't fancy anything from the RX line, you can always go for a sunglass frame and put in RX lenses.

I have the Crosslink (medium is 53-17-140, large is 55-18-140) but I wanted something bigger yet similar so, I went ahead and asked an optician to put in clear RX lenses for my Chainlink (57-17-138).

The optician did mention to me that it would probably not be doable if you have a considerably higher RX.

View attachment 165217

I have been told by countless eye places that Oakley MUST be the ones to make the Rx lenses for their frames. Eh?

Back