• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Rx Stealth

Scythe

Oakley Enthusiast
Just recently purchased some Oakley Rx for my Airwire frames. I normally clean them during evening follow up the next but tonight I decided to sit at the counter and chat clean them under the island lights.
You all know the usual routine Oakley cleaner cloth and hold them to the light. I seen the O etching on the outside but I also seen ghost O with otd under it on both sides inside the actual lens. The right side had it as well. I have others that has the lens Rx on each lens.

Why are there are no posts about it?
After reading some more Monkey was the first to report the ghost images on Rx.

you have to carefully look..

Last edited:
Just recently purchased some Oakley Rx for my Airwire frames. I normally clean them during evening follow up the next but tonight I decided to sit at the counter and chat clean them under the island lights.
You all know the usual routine Oakley cleaner cloth and hold them to the light. I seen the O etching on the outside but I also seen ghost O with otd under it on both sides inside the actual lens. The right side had it as well. I have others that has the lens Rx on each lens.

Why are there are no posts about it?

you have to carefully look..
Pics?

you don't have progressive lenses by chance? I have Oakley RX frames, but not the lenses, and if you hold them just right, you can see the light etching and there is an "O"....i wanna say it's like an alignment mark.

That ghost O is put on progressive lenses to mark where the progression starts so the optician in store can confirm that it is to the right specifications and the lenses were made correctly. Not sure why it would be on a single vision lens

I have the the left and right inside my Rx O and below it is OTD. I have never worn progressives or tri.

Yeah, as far as I know, I may be the only one to have mentioned this.
My best guess is, is that this is Oakley's way of ensuring that these are indeed official Oakley lenses. They are very hard to see, but they're there. Aside from the obvious watermark "O" on the bottom left lens, they almost "subcutaneously" (for lack of better words) put these ghost "O's" in both lenses. By looking at the picture below, the ghost "O" on the left lens is somewhat to the left, and another is by the nose-bridge. The right side of the lens has both respectively.
For those that are military savvy, this reminds me of official US Marine Corps MARPAT. The uniforms have the EGA (Eagle, Globe and Anchor) "hidden" within the actual camo.

I personally love this. I feel that this adds a certain known quality to Oakley (maybe even a little panache), and the time and effort they take to ensure that you are in fact, getting official Rx lenses from Oakley.

Monkey

rx-ghost-o-jpg.jpg

Back