• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Rx Sunglasses with Progressive Lenses

mplsguy

Oakley Beginner
I'm looking at getting a pair of Oakley's Rx sunglasses and they offer a progressive lens that is specific to golf. I'm asking specifically about the progressive lens, not the Prizm Golf tint. See at the bottom of this link: Oakley

Does anyone have these lenses for golf? Do you like them for everyday sunglasses too? What tint did you go with and why? Thanks in advance for the help!

Those lenses are designed for the specific sport......
They are not suggested to be used as an everyday Progressive.....

I use Prizm golf for dailey wear and love it.. Not the best in bright glare but great for mixed weather.. I have a custom cur pair in my XX :)

I use Prizm golf for dailey wear and love it.. Not the best in bright glare but great for mixed weather.. I have a custom cur pair in my XX :)
Good to know on the Prisms, I'm leaning that way. Do you have progressive Rx lenses?

You will have a tiny reading area if you get the progressive golf true digital lens. It has a largest in class distance area, a very large long intermediate in the middle (putting zone they call it), and a tiny (even by progressive standards) reading area to check your score. Should be fine for many outdoor activities, but if you want a real daily use lens look at Definity 3 plus made by essilor. The essilor lens just isn't as well suited for many Oakley frames. But it works great for frames like conductor, or full frames, not do much flak and half styles. Unless your lab is good (most docs use awful labs).
Do I go back to recommending Oakley RX, but only if you own two pair of sun's :)

Back