• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Thats how I feel about the Whisker, lenses to short in height, and the angle has them leaned way more forward then my original Whisker and as a result of both I felt like I didnt have near enough coverage area if I moved my view in any direction. They look awesome but design wise they needed more thought.

With the Wire Tap I think they got everything they did wrong on the Whisker and made it right with them. The Savitar I am excited to get in hand and try out.

I liked the Wire Taps, except for the weird stem design. I always prefer a more understated look. If it weren't for that, I might have considered the Wire Taps.

Thats how I feel about the Whisker, lenses to short in height, and the angle has them leaned way more forward then my original Whisker and as a result of both I felt like I didnt have near enough coverage area if I moved my view in any direction. They look awesome but design wise they needed more thought.

With the Wire Tap I think they got everything they did wrong on the Whisker and made it right with them. The Savitar I am excited to get in hand and try out.
Here you go sir! Took these pics right from the o-store!

49A3CBE9-6F7E-4B6E-B44D-195B3629DEE5.jpeg
CCE9E53B-60FA-4F49-BC06-413B72ED835C.jpeg

Main downside with these is that they don't wrap as much as the more traditional base 8/8.75 frames. The sun when perpendicular to my line of sight still shines in my eyes from the sides. Still need a good new pair of wrappy wire frames. Any suggestions (other than the new Whisker which I just don't like, or the Square Wire / Conductor 8 that I already own)?

Main downside with these is that they don't wrap as much as the more traditional base 8/8.75 frames. The sun when perpendicular to my line of sight still shines in my eyes from the sides. Still need a good new pair of wrappy wire frames. Any suggestions (other than the new Whisker which I just don't like, or the Square Wire / Conductor 8 that I already own)?
Wiretap 2.0??

Wiretap 2.0??
Not a big fan of the stem design, too funky for my taste. And otherwise at 60-19-60 / base 8, it will be slightly too wide for my face. The Conductor 8 at 60-15-60 / base 8 is the widest my face can handle, but the stems on this particular frame I have are kinda wonky (maybe I should try buying another one).

The Savitar at 58-16-58 / base 7? sort of work, but doesn't provide enough eye coverage as they don't wrap as much as a true base 8. At true base 8, these measurements would have been the perfect size.

Maybe I should get new lenses for my old Square Wire 2.0 I still have laying around. Though perhaps too small by today's standards :)

I got my 2 pair in hand today. I had planned on waiting for a sale since these are more pricey than other due to the Titanium frame cost vs. the C5 frames.

However I got an email coupon where I was able to get both pairs of Savitar for less than $300. So I pulled the trigger on that and the savings.

First off wow, talk about light weight. I have never had titanium frames before in Oakley. This is like wearing nothing. I love it.

Looking at the frame stand-alone it reminds me a lot of the Splinter frames I have. Which were always one of my favorites.

Side by side comparisons with the Ejector and Wire Tap 2.0, the lens height is in line with the wire tap, the lens width and shape with Ejector. Little bit of best of both worlds in some cases.

@AlanH Looks like the Wire Tap has the most curvature, followed by the Savitar, followed by the Ejector, with each also sitting successively wider on the face.

Hmmm, maybe I should take another look at those Wire Taps in store.

Back