• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
@AlanH Looks like the Wire Tap has the most curvature, followed by the Savitar, followed by the Ejector, with each also sitting successively wider on the face.

Hmmm, maybe I should take another look at those Wire Taps in store.
Yes the Wire Tap has the broadest curve. And they are similar in height to the Ejector. I have always been a wire person, with the O-Matter being for yard work or sports since they just pop back together in the event of a tumble. Wires are my preferred daily wear.

I like all 3 for different reasons. For overall coverage side to side and top to bottom the Ejector is still my preferred metal wire of those released. However the Savitar and Wire Tap 2 are stellar as well. And the Wire Tap lenses are impact rated it shows, which doesnt appear on the Ejector or Savitar. There is a noticeable thickness to the lens difference when you have all 3 in hand.

Yes the Wire Tap has the broadest curve. And they are similar in height to the Ejector. I have always been a wire person, with the O-Matter being for yard work or sports since they just pop back together in the event of a tumble. Wires are my preferred daily wear.

I like all 3 for different reasons. For overall coverage side to side and top to bottom the Ejector is still my preferred metal wire of those released. However the Savitar and Wire Tap 2 are stellar as well. And the Wire Tap lenses are impact rated it shows, which doesnt appear on the Ejector or Savitar. There is a noticeable thickness to the lens difference when you have all 3 in hand.

Yes, same. I've never liked plastic frames, all my sunglasses, Oakley (most of them) or otherwise are wire frames. I like the Savitar too, just wish it wrapped a bit more as the sun can hit my eyes from the side.

Will check out those Wire Taps again next time I'm near an Oakley store.

Agreed. These aren’t my favorite, but it looks like the Savitar will be a titanium frame so might check it out just to check it out. I hope this one looks better in photos compared to stock pics (similar to the Ejector).
I guess I’m in the minority here. I actually like these ones a LOT. I haven’t even considered getting a wire frame since my OG E Wires way back in tha day. I like the angles on the lenses and the blue on black looks sooooo clean! 😍. (Should probably point out that, outside than the Sapphire on Black color way, I think they’re just “Meh”)

I guess I’m in the minority here. I actually like these ones a LOT. I haven’t even considered getting a wire frame since my OG E Wires way back in tha day. I like the angles on the lenses and the blue on black looks sooooo clean! 😍. (Should probably point out that, outside than the Sapphire on Black color way, I think they’re just “Meh”)
I agree I changed my opinion on these once I had the chance to put them on my face!

I am surprised they don’t market the titanium more too. They are ridiculously light.

So I at first didn't like that these frames didn't have a true base 8 curve. However, I decided to put both of my thumbs on the inside of the nose bridge, and just with some light force bent the frame a bit further. Very gently. And now they're closer to a true base 8, at least when eye-balling some of my other frames. Now they're perfect!

Keep in mind, this will make the frame appear slightly smaller on your face, which again for me is perfect as I have a pretty narrow/long face (narrower than average).

MotoGP Release of the Savitar, like it but dont want that Italy tag on the lens etched in

1621972135898.png

1621972150233.png

Latest Posts

Back