• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Savitars Unpopular?

Hellohello123

Oakley Beginner
im in australia,

I believe savitars were released mid 2022,
I bought a Polarised grey lens one down from $400 to about $280 (cyber friday sales) (All AUD prices)

then a few months ago I saw that the polarized rose gold one only was reduced from $400 to $200

and then last week, the polarised sapphire ones, from $400 to $200 (minus 10% sale)

are savitars just not selling well? im semi keen on getting all of the other non polarised ones for the sake of it, as some of those seem to be discounted as well

i wasnt a huge fan of the blocky design originally, but after wearing them, the light weightness i fell in love with

still prefer the Whisker deisgn though...

They are probably the coolest looking recent wire frames. I like them a lot but haven’t actually worn one yet. Your comment about lightness makes me want to try it even more.

I don’t think the Savitars are unpopular- they probably just aren’t as popular as the other wires. Other than the polarized gold one I haven’t seen any other colors are being discontinued. In fact- it was only in the last year they released the ruby/black version.

100$ ones in this old thread and I believe I seen some on jomashop for 120$ or so.

This one’s at 180$ from jomas killer colorway too!
61A9D15F-B36D-4815-9269-DBFA2BBF28C0.png

Most sunglasses are so overpriced by the luxxotica conglomerate that it’s easy to find them at 70% off eventually if your check around. And they still make money at that price.

They are probably the coolest looking recent wire frames. I like them a lot but haven’t actually worn one yet. Your comment about lightness makes me want to try it even more.
I ve never worn the other wire series, but it felt ultra light..... my previous oakleys were juliets which are heavy:)

Googling says savitars are 20g, whilst whiskers are 26g!

100$ ones in this old thread and I believe I seen some on jomashop for 120$ or so.

This one’s at 180$ from jomas killer colorway too! View attachment 1048098

Most sunglasses are so overpriced by the luxxotica conglomerate that it’s easy to find them at 70% off eventually if your check around. And they still make money at that price.
I agree, even to this day i still dont know whether a $2 cheap one vs a $200+ oakley/rayban how much difference the actual material cost is

Wouldnt be surprised if it was $0.50 vs $10 and it was marketing power at its best

Back