• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Service Center , Destroyed A Time Bomb Cannon Yellow

InfiniteHero

Entrepreneur
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
United States
This is to cover a original Time Bomb Cannon Yellow servicing of the capacitor. The watch was in extremely good condition, with only one light scratch directly above the "12" on the case of the watch. The Mineral Crystal DID have a scuff but directly in the center. The rest of the crystal was perfect. These are before sending the item in pictures. Oakley reviewed the pics, and said They could put a new capacitor in, but could not replace the crystal due to no parts. They did offer a 33% discount off retail on any new watch they carry. I declined, and said just fix the capacitor. The watch was totally wearable and you could hardly see the scuff, due to it being right in the center area, and over top the black hands. Not a big deal, even had monetary value to it, due to placement of scuff.

Oakley did the work, and called me to say it was ready. Price was 67.00. They said two rubber pieces behind the bracelet were replaced, something else I have no idea what it was, and then the capacitor. They said it worked perfectly and was ready to ship, after I paid them. I took care of the bill, and then waited. The item arrived when I was out of town last week, and I looked at it for the first time yesterday. I was in shock. The Crystal is destroyed by scratches. ( I think they laid it down on the face to do the work in the inside). The band has marring and scratches all over it (probably when laid face down). The backing plate and clear glass has scratches on it also. 1200.00 watch and now ruined. Totally unwearable. I reported to Oakley, sent in the pics now, they had the before, and they said they would call me in a few hours. I called 4 hours later, and was told the original person who I dealt with would call me in ten minutes. Never called. Now, I am really wondering what they will actually do about this. They cannot replace the crystal, they dont have them or make them anymore, there are no replacement watches, due to discontinued, so I am guessing they will reiterate the 33% off deal. That will be crap, they ruined a watch completely, then tell you, you have to spend hundreds more to get a replacement. That will piss me off more. If anyone has any experience with this, tips, suggestions, or ideas would be helpful. Mineral Crystal cannot be polished. Its the one crystal that just gets replaced.

Here are the before pics:
Scuff only in the middle-

Now for the after photo's---- Notice how the back and front and bracelet, have many many more marks, scratches, scuffs, etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope they take care of you on this. That is totally unacceptable to treat your watch like that. Looks like someone with absolutely no training or "give-a-****e" is working in their service dept. It's not only one thing for them to offer almost no replacement parts or support on watches that cost so much, but to treat your watch with such willful disdain is completely unacceptable!

Holy crap! Sorry to see that. I wouldn't want to hear nothing but, "sure, we will replace the watch with one of similar value that is currently available."

Well the good thing is you will be in CA at HQ soon and if they cant take care of it over the phone you will be there in person to settle it. This sucks!

This is a lesson to all, make sure you take before and then after pictures. I am so lucky that I did that, and Oakley has the before pics, that you see here, themselves. I cannot not say this watch was perfect or didnt have a blemish, it did. But crap, they took it from a dent, to totaling it.

Back