• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Shooting Glasses?

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
A friend today was asking what the best Oakley shooting glasses were, and I must say I was dumbfounded. I mentioned that M frames and Radars are popular with law enforcement/military etc. so I assumed they were good for shooting. But I know from the Guns and Oakleys thread we definitely have some shooters on here, any thoughts? What about glasses you would recommend for trap shooting?

I would agree on Radar/Radarlock as it is a lot of coverage, light, and does not move while active. I do not do much other than trap shooting though.

I don't shoot but I would say m frames followed by the radars. G26 was advertised as a shooting lens (I have not used this in person so I don't know how well it works) which is available in m frames and radars. The new prizm lenses for the ballistic m frames are advertised as shooting lenses also and I enjoy looking through them, although I have not used them for shooting so I don't know how well they will work. Flak jacket also allows the prizm lenses but I would prefer a shield lens.

In dim light shooting, I suggest clear or hi yellow lenses. Try to use clear or grey during the day for any range applications. I hear the new prism lens stuff is awesome but I have not tried it yet...

M frame with clear lens is my shooting pair but after my last range day, I'm considering something in a vented lens as they were fogging up a bit with all the drills we were doing. M frame and radar variations are great for the coverage and keeping hot brass away from the eyes.

Back