• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley SI Radar Range Prizim TR45

Miren Baines

Oakley Beginner
I had actually gotten the pair last week and have been testing them out in low light conditions. I also had recently gotten the Oakley Ballistic Det Cord TR22 Prizim.

I have yet to use these in a range situation but I can report that at night, at least in well lit instances such as urban environments, the TR45 is a pretty good lens to use.... however it is still not as effective as Hi-Yellow or a lens like it for lesser lit road conditions ( country roads).

The Det Cord TR22 is great for day light operations for both shooting and other activities but not all that great under over-cast or darker lights which is where you would want to switch to the TR45.

I think one of the draw backs to this prizim line is that they seem to be specialized rather than a universal tool. Though I am on the fence as to what the different would be concerning Shallow Water vs Fresh Water.

In any event, it was hard to find any good user reviews on the two lenses beyond some skier comments. Anyone else use these before? I was hoping the TR45 was light enough for patrol use at night while giving the bonus of target recognition etc.

I have both of these lenses and enjoy the view through them. I have not used them for their intended purposes however. They are the only prizm lenses.
Maybe @Rustpot has used them at the range?

I have both of these lenses and enjoy the view through them. I have not used them for their intended purposes however. They are the only prizm lenses.
Maybe @Rustpot has used them at the range?
So what has been your overall experience between these? Have you attempted the TR45 via night driving?

So what has been your overall experience between these? Have you attempted the TR45 via night driving?
It has been awhile since I've worn them but I like them. The details are more pronounced.
I have not used TR45 for night driving. If there is enough light I would guess it would be nice for details but overall I don't think they would be needed.

Back