• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley SI - Replacement Lenses

Holy Jumpin

Oakley Beginner
Hi all,

Just bought a pair of brand new Oakley fives squared (SI edition) off of eBay and would like to add polarized lenses to them.. Does anyone know if the regular fives (3.0) lenses will fit or if they need to be SI specific? If they need to SI specific, are there other sources outside the SI store (not qualified to order from there)?

Found a couple sources (example:http://tacticalgear.com) for the glasses but not the lenses, but I'm also not sure if those sources are reliable/credible.

Thanks in advance for your help!

OK. So regular fives squared lenses will fit the SI's.. Thanks for the info.

Any advice on where to look to get them cheaper than $80? I have seen some on eBay (revant is one) but I'm pretty skeptical ..

Do your eyes a favor and spend $80 for the Oakley lenses.

I don't want after market lenses, but also don't want to spend more than what I purchased the glasses for.. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for other retail outlets or possibly another way of obtaining the product cheaper.

Maybe I should change my user name to "I am not rich" ;)

I don't want after market lenses, but also don't want to spend more than what I purchased the glasses for.. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for other retail outlets or possibly another way of obtaining the product cheaper.

Maybe I should change my user name to "I am not rich" ;)

Cause you mentioned revant lenses which is an aftermarket crappy lenses. So I thought you are going for aftermarket lenses cause it is cheaper. If you go to your closest friendly Oakley store, there is a friends and family event. You can get 25% off on selected items including lenses.

Cause you mentioned revant lenses which is an aftermarket crappy lenses. So I thought you are going for aftermarket lenses cause it is cheaper. If you go to your closest friendly Oakley store, there is a friends and family event. You can get 25% off on selected items including lenses.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I have no Oakley store near me. I think I'm going to try and find a new pair on eBay for cheap (seen them as low as $75), swap the lenses and resell. That, or maybe someone on here will be getting rid of some :D

Looking forward to getting them regardless.. and then sending my bottle rockets in to Dr. Chop to get painted!

Alternate point of view here: Yeah revants are no Oakley lens... But there's nothing wrong with them. You get a 25 dollar lens for 25 dollars. Hey aren't bad, just not perfect.

I just bought a set. Turned out fine for me.

I didn't want aftermarket either. But it worked.

Speaking to my wife earlier, she tried to get me ice blue for my fives, they weren't available. I suppose that's changed? They were a bday present. To fix my old pair of
Fives that were useless. I couldn't see spending that much on glasses that were worth maybe half what the lenses were lol.

Good luck.

Total +1 to rich's position. Some people get aftermarket lenses, look through them, don't notice the difference in the optics, and think they're fine. They don't understand how their eyes are having to correct for the difference, and what that can do over time.

Here a link directly to the post #23 that rich referenced; it's one of my favorites:
http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/i-am-a-believer-in-linegear.14463/page-3#post-264717

IH's research made me a believer. It's objective (hard data), not subjective (somebody's opinion). IMO the optics are the most important aspect of Oaks; aftermarkets devalue them.

Back