• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Singapore X Metal Tune Up

schenk

Oakley Expert
Hi,

wondering if any Singapore members has info on whether Oakley Singapore can do the Juliet tune up and roughly how much would it cost plus turn around time.

Thanks!

Hi,

wondering if any Singapore members has info on whether Oakley Singapore can do the Juliet tune up and roughly how much would it cost plus turn around time.

Thanks!

Cost is 30sgd if I recall correctly, and turnaround is a couple of weeks. You probably can confirm this with BriP. He recently sent in his TiO2 and got them back by now.

30 bucks plus risk of bad workmanship. Turn ard 10 to 14 das. Sent in 2 last time. 1 ok but the other piece with pretty bad scarring on nose bridge. Good luck if you send in. Experience was based on 2 yrs ago where the SS is still at SIS building. Hopefully they improve...!

Crap doesn't sound good lol.

I got 3 pairs to send in mostly with loose nose bridges and Ear socks that are literally melting off lol.

Would they swap the ear stems as I would hate to lose a serial that way.

I think the latest I heard was that results were pretty decent. As for the serial numbers, either specifically request that they do not mess with the earstems, or remove them yourself before sending in.

Not sure about other country SS. Singapore Oakley SS use back your old rivets and the round part of the rivets can see some flattening. Kinda piss off....! The more i write, the more furious i get remember the bad comment said by the technician and i quote: "Customer bear the full risk if nose bridge tune up is not done perfectly due to some hammering required to take out and put back the nose section". Think i will stop here and go take a bath to cool off. ;-#

Not sure about other country SS. Singapore Oakley SS use back your old rivets and the round part of the rivets can see some flattening. Kinda piss off....! The more i write, the more furious i get remember the bad comment said by the technician and i quote: "Customer bear the full risk if nose bridge tune up is not done perfectly due to some hammering required to take out and put back the nose section". Think i will stop here and go take a bath to cool off. ;-#

I'll be pretty surprised if they use back the same flex couplers after removing them.

Lol ok gonna pick a non serial sacrificial lamb to try haha.

Update you guys on results lol.

Maul said:

Think it's your arse luck...
I've sent in multiple pairs, and the work was top notch.
They didn't reuse the old rivets. The rivets were replaced by fresh ones.
However, u do need to check if they use the correct color rivets (dull or polished) on respective frames. If its wrong, they'll change it immediately.
By the way, the current service centre is under new management, it's not the same one which u visited at SIS building before.

Make sure they use the right rivits. Do check when you are back at the centre to collect the frames after the tune up.

Maul.. Use your brains just a little more.

Latest Posts

Back