• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Oakley Skull Belt

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Prefer new, brown and Im large!

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people reacted to this post.
Seems kinda scammy. Anyone else done business with them?

I don't know they came up on google search.
Also if you know anyone in Japan have them buy off Oakley japan site for you

Username Hidden said:
Seems kinda scammy. Anyone else done business with them?
I have. They're legit. I've bought some baseball gear through Rakuten...some Mizuno and SSK stuff that they don't sell in the US. Never had a problem.

thanks

what kind of things do you have to look out for when dealing with these guys for a newbie?

Username Hidden said:
what kind of things do you have to look out for when dealing with these guys for a newbie?
Not a whole lot really. Shipping is a little on the high side, exchange rates always favor the bank and you may get tagged for import duty by US Customs...that's always kind of "hit and miss", though. I've had expensive stuff come right to the door without me having to pay any duties, and have had low dollar orders get flagged and I had to pay a few extra bucks before they'd hand over the package. Go figure.

Shipping can take while so be patient. I've always gotten my stuff. Often you'll get a link to tracking number for the package...but fire up your web translator for any tracking links they give you, cos the parcel service sites are usually all in Japanese.

And if you should ever have to write to them, keep your sentences and wording simple. From my experiences, many (but not all) of the Japanese customer service folks struggle a bit with English.

Other than that, it's pretty straightforward. Patience is the key.

Edit: Oh, I just noticed you're in Australia. Shipping costs and delivery time may not be so bad for you then.

as long as you use a major Credit Card you will be fine. Any problems just call your CC company and they will handle it.

Username Hidden said:
as long as you use a major Credit Card you will be fine. Any problems just call your CC company and they will handle it.
Good point, gs.
Forgot to mention you need a CC as they don't do PayPal or the like.