• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley SKUs (a reference guide)

As I mentioned earlier, I have started work on a searchable database. The reason I did that is because I liked the format of O-Review and I don't think a forum is suited to that type of data. Similarly a spreadsheet is great, but in my opinion it's not as flexible as a custom made solution.

Here is what I have at present Oakley DB . I still have a lot to do - I've mainly been working on the backend database, so the website is just a list at the moment, and I haven't built a search feature yet, but I have a long list of what I want to do. The data isn't 100% either yet as I'm still working through some bugs in my loading code and I need to find additional sources for data.

As to the worry about it being shutdown because it's outside the forum, my plan it to keep it all open source, so anyone could in theory run a similar site, or we could run it under the forum. There are lots of options. The repo is here for anyone interested GitHub - stevekew/oakleydb .

1st Gen Eye-Jackets:

5196-1460928294-c25347425055e07f9bb809698e3dbd64.jpg
[/URL]

I applaud your efforts. Despite what Dann says there is no doubt in my mind the O Review will be back soon. He was already nearly done his new version - at least from his test site that was posted here. However having some secondary database site is very useful even if it is not a O Review replacement.

I applaud your efforts. Despite what Dann says there is no doubt in my mind the O Review will be back soon. He was already nearly done his new version - at least from his test site that was posted here. However having some secondary database site is very useful even if it is not a O Review replacement.

Because anything can disappear at any time as we have learned!

So, just as an update, I think I have more or less settled on a database schema and loaded in a bunch of historic data (up to around 2012). At present I haven't loaded everything and I am still busy working through that. I have added a basic search, that searches against SKU, colourway and model name. I am in the process of searching for sources of more recent data, so expect that to appear as I find it. I still need to connect to @SiRacer420's spreadsheet to perform validation, but I plan to do that over the weekend.

If anyone does take a look and finds anything that looks wrong, please feel free to let me know. I have a few errors in my data loader logs that I need to dig into, but I don't think it affects too many things.

Oh, and as a reminder, the link is Oakley DB (Alpha)