• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley snow goggles helmet fit - Airbrake XL/Flight deck

Maciej

Oakley Beginner
I used to own Oakley Airbrakes, and those fit quite well my Salomon Ski helmet. I noticed that new version, airbrake XL, are quite rounded at the top, which I worry it might cause a big gap between helmet and goggles on the sides. has anyone had that experience? In this case, would flight deck be a better option?

I used to own Oakley Airbrakes, and those fit quite well my Salomon Ski helmet. I noticed that new version, airbrake XL, are quite rounded at the top, which I worry it might cause a big gap between helmet and goggles on the sides. has anyone had that experience? In this case, would flight deck be a better option?
My Flight Decks fit Smith Vantage and Bern Macon & Watts just fine. AB XL had a gap with the Watts though.

Reasons why I didn't like my AB XL, an replaced them with flight deck were...

1) The Airbrake XL are heavier than Original AB, or Flight deck - they might be one of the heaviest goggle models currently out there.

2) Wearing the AB XL looking downwards I'd get their sensation that there was something on bottom edge of the lens, turns out I was just seeing the inside portion of the frame. Not sure if it's specific to me, but looking down at my phone on the lift an feeling the fact I could see the frame messed with my head an wasn't fond of that.

Back