• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Snowmad Daypack

riziger

Oakley Beginner
Niseko
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum but I've been a fan of Oakley products for quite awhile now.

I recently got an Oakley Snowmad Daypack as my avalanche pack for snowboarding. Everyone here has a Dakine so I thought I'd go for something different. I seem to have paid the price for this.

On my 3rd time of using, I have discovered a rip where the waist belt connects to the bag. Obviously this is fairly disappointing when you consider I have a Dakine pack that costed half the price but has lasted 8 years.

What do you guys think? Should I go to Oakley for a warranty check or stitch it up and use it as a reminder not to buy another Oakley pack?

I have pics if you guys want.

the packs have 90 day warranties. definitely get it taken care of if it is still covered.

I also wouldnt mind seeing picks of the damage if they are available

I'm honestly not sure if it's still available for warranty. Here are some pics:

Bottom 3rd of the bag is what I'm tallking about:
dsc04610c.jpg

Right side, which is ripped out after the 3rd use
dsc04607n.jpg

dsc04609e.jpg

Left side, which seems fine even though upon close inspection the stitching is coming slightly loose.
dsc04608jg.jpg

To be fair, if it was a normal use bag, I would be perfectly happy with it as it does look fairly durable. As a snowboarding avalanche pack though, which should be able to survive an avalanche long enough for you to get your equipment out safely, nevermind a few falls, I'm disappointed in the build quality. I do think it's a small design flaw in that the part of the bag that takes the most stress is just single stitched directly into the back.

It's still worth a shot to bring it back to Oakley and see what they say. Chances are they'll replace it I would believe.

Oakley Japan got back to me (after more than a week) asking me to ship the bag to them so they can have a closer look and replace/repair it.

Am not sure what I'll do to be honest. I ride back/side country almost daily and have to use the pack. If it takes more than a few days, I think I might just take it home and get it stitched.

Latest Posts

Back