• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Splice - Lightweight, Reliable and Classic

i know the red/black combo isn't something unique but for me never gets old..courtesy of El Zach!

20200927_164236.jpg

Can anyone comment on the weight of Splices? I just purchased my second pair (FMJ, Ice Iridium), and they are noticeably lighter than my first pair (FMJ, fully mirrored lenses - not sure the color). The original pair feels especially heavy and sturdy for a pair of sunglasses, while the other's feel almost flimsy.

The glasses are otherwise almost identical in construction, with some slight differences. Does anyone know if Oakley changed the manufacturing of these at some point?

Can anyone comment on the weight of Splices? I just purchased my second pair (FMJ, Ice Iridium), and they are noticeably lighter than my first pair (FMJ, fully mirrored lenses - not sure the color). The original pair feels especially heavy and sturdy for a pair of sunglasses, while the other's feel almost flimsy.

The glasses are otherwise almost identical in construction, with some slight differences. Does anyone know if Oakley changed the manufacturing of these at some point?
Did you weigh both?

i currently only have the heavy ones on hand. they weigh 50 grams, i imagine the lighter ones are about half that. there is another thread on here where someone notes the Splice as weighing 26 grams....
I've never weighed my sunglasses but i'll weigh all my splices for you when i get home. That's strange though because all my splices feel light

I've never weighed my sunglasses but i'll weigh all my splices for you when i get home. That's strange though because all my splices feel light
thank you! yeah when i got the first pair i was astonished at the weight, super heavy duty. no complaints but wasn't expecting it!!