• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley SPLICE Replacement Nosepieces/earsocks?

ucdavis4PT0gpa

I should Work at Oakley
Oceanside, Oregon
Does anyone know (and I know there are some Splice heads on the forum) if Oakley still makes replacement rubber for the Splice (something tells me no). If not, has anyone determined if the nosepieces/earsocks from any other models that are still produced fit?

Thanks in advance as always

You could try emailing Oakley Customer care: customercare@oakley.com

I had my X Metal XX's on while on a trip to Boston, MA and one of my nose pieces fell off and i couldn't find it. There happened to be an O-Store near my hotel so i tried to see if a Juliet nosepiece/earsock kit would fit. Sadly it didn't. I ended up emailing customer care, told them my story and they sent me a new set of nose pieces free of charge. You could give them a shot and hope they have something.

Splice might be hard to come by since they were discontinued so long ago. Not to mention the earsocks for the splice are so unique with their "tire tread" like design.

Yeah I'm trying to get out in front of the discontinuing of the rubber-I have a couple large/small nosepieces and earsock sets for my X Metal XX because of that reason-the Juliet rubber isn't swappable (the Temple Shocks however ARE) so in case of loss or when they start to go (and they do deteriorate) I have spares. Now in the case of the Splice, I wear mine without the nosepieces anyway because I don't like how high they sit, but the earsocks are bound to go at some point.

Yah, i've thought about deterioration over time. This is why i try not to wear some of my pieces all the time. I usually stick to my frames that don't have unobtanium for everyday wear.

Let me know if you end up finding some extra sets. I'm interested in finding a extra set for my Splice as well.

I called Oakley-and the answer is no....I've searched the web....nothing. Too bad I didn't own mine when they were still selling them as I would have stocked up.

With that said, here is what an Oakley rep advised me (and I had thought something along the same lines myself): the Half Jacket and Flak Jacket use a similar hook system as the Splice on the nosepieces. Looking online, I would say the Flak nosepieces would appear to be the closer match....but the Half earsocks look to be a better match though the Flak earsocks might work if trimmed right.

If anyone has a pair of Half/Flak nosepieces/earsocks they could put up against their Splice and see if this is feasible, please let me know. Either way, I may well try and grab a kit of either one and try it out.

I'm looking at X Metal Half X nosepieces and earsocks online....they look like they might do the trick....might have to modify the nosepieces a little....but they carry the hook design the Splice does.

I called Oakley-and the answer is no....I've searched the web....nothing. Too bad I didn't own mine when they were still selling them as I would have stocked up.

With that said, here is what an Oakley rep advised me (and I had thought something along the same lines myself): the Half Jacket and Flak Jacket use a similar hook system as the Splice on the nosepieces. Looking online, I would say the Flak nosepieces would appear to be the closer match....but the Half earsocks look to be a better match though the Flak earsocks might work if trimmed right.

If anyone has a pair of Half/Flak nosepieces/earsocks they could put up against their Splice and see if this is feasible, please let me know. Either way, I may well try and grab a kit of either one and try it out.
I had the same issue with the FMJ+ - Crystal Black Splice frame that I have. The nose pieces deteriorated over time from general wear and I had no replacement option. I have two different pair of Flak Jackets so I used an extra set of nose pieces I had from them. While it's not an exact fit they do the job. If you look at the nose bridge carefully enough you will notice that they aren't an exact fit but you can't see that from the front side when worn. As far as the ear shocks I have the originals and they're still in good condition so I don't know of any other ear shock replacements. Hope this helps! I can try to post a pic later tonight at some point to show you what they look like.

Back