• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Square Wire Tungsten Color

gadgetware

Oakley Beginner
I'm about to order some prescription Square Wires with VR28 BIP lenses and wanted to get some advice on the frame color. Can someone tell me what color the tungsten frames are? In some images they look like a polished gunmetal color, but on the Oakley site they have more of a brown tint (see below). Would these look good with the VR28 BIP or should I go with black or chrome?

Thanks!

OAK-4075-06-Multi2.jpg

main_OO4075-06_square-wire_tungsten-tungsten-irid-polar-1_001_60368_png_heroxl.jpg

Attachments

• OAK-4075-06-Multi2.jpg
    OAK-4075-06-Multi2.jpg
    369.5 KB · Views: 8,084
  • main_OO4075-06_square-wire_tungsten-tungsten-irid-polar-1_001_60368_png_heroxl.jpg
    main_OO4075-06_square-wire_tungsten-tungsten-irid-polar-1_001_60368_png_heroxl.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 2,487
Not sure what you mean by "tungsten frame" as O doesn't list one as such...
As it comes from the store, a frame with a tungsten polarized lens is listed as " Titanium Olive Chrome".
The VR28BiP comes in a Ti frame listed as "Titanium Polished Black".
The first pic above looks like Ti Pewter...

Thanks for your reply but it's still not clear to me either what a Tungsten frame is. If you you look at this oakley site for the square wires, it lists a tungsten/tungsten combination where the frame color is listed as tungsten in addition to the lens color being also listed as tungsten. Since I am ordering these custom as prescription glasses I can choose the frames and lenses independently. For the frames I have the option of "matte black", "polished black", "carbon", and "tungsten". In many of the pictures I've seen the "tungsten" frame has a somewhat brown tint to it. That said, I recently went to the Oakley store in my local mall and they handed me a pair of glasses that they said were "tungsten" and they looked more like the first picture above. I'm just trying to get to the ground truth before I order as I'd rather have the TI Pewter or Gunmetal looking frame versus the brownish tint one.

Tungsten frame is slightly brown. I've a pair somewhere... Will upload a pic when I find it. Vr28 BIP will look nice with it as it matches closely to the Tungsten Irid polar lenses in default colourway.

Just to close out this thread, I ordered the tungsten frames with VR28 BIP prescriptions lenses. As jdd32 suggested, it's a great combination. The frames look more like the first picture (polished gun metal "ish") with a slight tint of brown versus the 2nd picture which to me looks more like a matte copper color.

BTW, I'm really loving the VR28 BIPs and my primary driving lenses. They cut out enough of the glare so that I'm not squinting in bright sunlight but I also don't need to take them off in cloudy or overcast weather.

Latest Posts

Back