• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Stand V2 -NEW STUFF! Check It Out!

Not something I'd be immediately interested in but how much for a double or triple tier of the $20 dollar stand?

im actually about to redesign it which should make it cheaper. And really it depends on interest. The cost of getting several lasercut vs. one or two, is huge. If I can get interest and have 5 or so ordered, the price should be pretty fair (can't give a good estimate as i haven't settled on a final design). It wouldn't be cost effect for me to have one cut, as it would make the price so high that you'd be uninterested, and my laser cutter wouldn't want to be bothered making only one. Give me a week or so to redesign it and get a quote and i'll let you know. Please pm me if you have any questions or ideas.

Thanks Q-train! December these will be on my radar, hopefully I can get a few other members interested as well.

2Tierstand.png

heres what it'd prob end up being.

do you guys like stems open, or closed?

I like both ways the question would be the support in both cases. If the stems are open what will hold them? And if they are closed would the cuts be in the arms like the Oakley version?

If they're open, i'd change it so there are supports there. I think the current above design will be stable for closed stems. I'll build one on my break and we'll see.

Here's something else i could do for everyone who can't get a legit one. I could make these fairly cheap. 20$ shipped or somewhere around there I'd guess. multiple colors. also could make it as many tall as you want.

OakleySingleStand.png

yeah problem is oakley original ones are already around that price. now if you could make the triple stand for $30 itll draw interest =)

The problem is making it appealing without copy the design. But I've got ideas. And the best part is, it shouldn't cost much more to make a single tier than a double or triple.

Latest Posts

Back