• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley stands from dodgy ebayer

jdd32

X Metal Workshop
Sydney
Buyers beware: I bought a few of the stands from the dodgy ebay seller missmaroon86. It was packed improperly and resulted in the items damaged and bent because they literally dumped it all in a giant box with room to slosh around in transit.

To complicate the matter, they deliberately packed 25% fewer quantities than agreed in writing. The transaction was done via paypal direct (not F&F). The seller has turned about face with their after sales support and became rude and completely uncooperative.

They refused to issue partial refund or accept returns. Paypal stepped in and now I can return the gear at my cost. Problem is the return postage alone is 50% cost of the darn purchase because of the weight. So now I'm damned if I return them and damned if I don't. The stands can be repaired to a certain extent (some are write offs) but the missing 25% quantities is a real downer.

Hopefully the community won't suffer the same fate as I did.

The seller has turned about face with their after sales support and became rude and completely uncooperative.
make sure you leave this seller the feedback deserved. Right now this seller has a 100% positive feedback on Ebay but based on your experience now we know missmaroon86 is not that good. You expect a seller with a so called 100% positive feedback to have the common sense to pack items properly. Again, leave her the feedback she deserves so that others on Ebay can see.

i'd have left the feedback and avoided the predicament if the transaction took place via ebay. Unfortunately I negotiated a deal to save some spare change and went paypal directly. Lucky I'm not gullible and followed their adamant push for direct bank transfers (yeh, seriously direct bank deposit to stranger?! wtf)

I'd thought paypal buyer protection would cover bad eggs like these.... but now that you know there's gaps in the system.

yeh, seriously direct bank deposit to stranger?! wtf)
yeah seriously, asking for a direct bank transfer was fishy. Unfortunately that bad apple has a so called 100% positive feedback on Ebay. It is a pity your transaction did not take place via Ebay so that others could benefit from your bad experience with this lady. Again, no common sense on her part for not packing items properly. Well,l am sorry that this happened to you. By the way, I have bought 3D printed stands from Qtrain23 and they are super cool and come in different colors to satisfy different needs. And he packs items properly.

Back